Friday , Friday , Friday , whoo hoo

Mark Williams

It seems they just keep on flying by.

Might have a youngster over this w/e for a little forging lesson. I'll try to show the right way, not my way :D

What ya'll got going. One week to Christmas :)

It's a quarter to four here and I just finished my first folder! A tiny little slipjoint in carbon fiber and talonite. I'll post pics tomorrow. right now it's time for bed.

Got a couple more knives to finish this weekend.
Saturday is dedicated to working on the unstopable chevy.

I hope everybody gets to have an awesome weekend.

Baby sitting some youngsters myself tonight Mark. I need the practice since me and my wife are trying ;)

Plan on starting a few jobs this weekend and trying to forget about my day job. Asking for the raise that they promised and STILL being turned down is NEVER fun :mad: (2nd time I asked.......looking around and th ethird time may be what I need to make a change) any advise?

FRIDAY!

Hey Mark, I can tell by the way you write these Friday posts that sometimes they weeks fly by. Before you know it, another Friday is here. Time passes so much quicker the older you get, huh? It's sad irony that when you are young, you can't wait for something to happen, and when you get old you do all you can to slow things down a little.

Tonight I'll be trailering in some frozen wet wood into my garage to thaw it out a little before I nail it up to the shed. Tomorrow I will enclose the shed with that wood and finish sheathing the roof. Saturday night I take the wife out to dinner and let her finish some shopping.

Sunday is play day. I got this kink under my shoulderblade that just won't quit. I think I'm going to take a nice long soak in the whirlpool at the health club and kick back at home the rest of the day. I might even be pursuaded to drink a bourbon or two!

Mark Williams

blgoode said:
Baby sitting some youngsters myself tonight Mark. I need the practice since me and my wife are trying ;)

Plan on starting a few jobs this weekend and trying to forget about my day job. Asking for the raise that they promised and STILL being turned down is NEVER fun :mad: (2nd time I asked.......looking around and th ethird time may be what I need to make a change) any advise?

The best time to look for another job, is while you have one :) If they cant give you a good reason for not giving you a promised raise, start looking elsewhere.

big thumbs up there Mark. Just sent my resume' to a local Charlotte magazine. I'll be looking my friend ;)

I'm hoping I can finish playing santa and get back to some real knife work after today. Have some presents in progress, made my sister a pair of spurs and have been browning them for the last week and a half, shops not really warm enough for it (or me!) this time of year but I had to keep them out there so she didn't see them. They get boiled today and I'm calling them done. Then my brother is getting a set of dumb bells from our parents so I'm making a rack/stand for all of them. Started out as a simple project, and some good welding practice and then I found out his basement door is only 27" wide and I had to make the damn thing so you could take it apart (least I thought of that before I welded the legs on right? :eek: :D )
Don't know about the rest of the weekend. Got 3 knives I started about a week ago that I should try to finish, and some orders I need to get going on. Its supposed to be friggin cold, and we're getting some of the white **** (aka snow). I'll probably just wind up making up reasons to run the forge :D

blgoode said:

If you are valuable to them, you can be valuable to someone else. Start shopping for a job, and when you get a new one be sure to tell your old employer why you left. Nowadays after the first year or two on a job, most companies will tend to forget you exist other than filling a need for them. I'm searching for a new job right now, because I'm being paid (according to them) as much as they can pay me.

Busy day today. The worst part is I'll be out of the office a lot of the time so I can't even sneak out and forge or play on the computer :grumpy:

The weekend isn't any better. I have equipment going to one of the national tax prep companies on Monday and have to make sure it's all ready for shipment.

I have two gun knives in the works (Translation=I built the locks and blades) I want to work on them some. One is a match lock and the other a wheel lock. I've never built a wheel lock from scratch before.

Going to the mountains Sunday to recharge and I'd like to go hunting Saturday evening. I ate my last batch of Squirrel gravy yesterday. :(

My wife wants me to wall paper the downstairs bathroom.....I'll try to get out of that one........"OOOPs, I forgot all about it" ;)

Gotta finish a sheath for the brother-in-law's Christmas present. He has an old "Schrade Old-Timer" hunting knife that the original sheath has pretty much fallen apart.

Trying to finish an O-1 project that is slightly larger than my regular blades. I will post pics if I am satisfied with the results.

Have a good one gang....................Robert

Burchtree

KnifeMaker & Moderator
Took the day off. Doing some cleaning and stuff before the parents show up -- the fiance is getting her Masters today. :D

Other than that, I'll be nursing a hangover tomorrow because we'll be hitting a dueling piano bar tonight. After that, it's time for knifework!!

Everyone have a good weekend!

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
I'm grinding a large 5160 survival knife today. 14 1/2" overall knife. Customer special order. Opening day late muzzleloader tomorrow. I going out for the afternoon hunt. I have to work tonight and tomorrow nite. Busy week coming up at work. One week till vacation! :D I'm off for the holidays. More deer hunting that week.
Scott

I'm goin to a friend's today, we're gonna try to finish up some knives for heat treating, and work on his bowie a little. He wanted me to bring my 2x42 grinder over, I said I'd try, it barely fit in the car! :eek: He's new but we're both having fun. ;)
~Brian

NO Plans this weekend. That way nothing can go wrong,nothing can go wrong,

nothing can go wrong,nothing can go wrong, :D :D :D :D

Sweany who hasn't been in a Mall in eight years :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm still trying to find an opening to go looking for my anvil like object and a tank or other hollow, cylindrical piece of metal. Other than that, I'm working at the stables to pay off my lessons for 8 hours.

I'm going goose hunting in the morning. The rest of the weekend will be downhill from there.

I may work on the KITH knife some. I don't want to finish it too early, I might weaken and sell it.

Busy with Christmas orders.

Robert, Looking forward to seeing that sheath. You've been puttin out some dandies lately.

Shane