Friday, You know what to do !

Mark Williams

looks like is should be a nice w/e weather wise. Working on an order and try to sneak in some other forging projects. What's the plan for you guys?

ahhhh. . . . friday.

Supposed to be nice here too, so it's shop time for me. Finish a couple of orders and maybe try my hand on a rasp hawk if I have time. :D

Everyone have a good one -- Higgy, clean that dirty shop man! :D

Burchtree said:
Higgy, clean that dirty shop man! :D

No time for cleaning this weekend, bro. I just bought my Missus a new atv.

WE GOIN' RIDIN'! vrooom! vroom! :D

I should be setting up my table at the Texas knifemakers show, but had a couple fo things come up, and can't make it. I'm going to try and get two Bowies HT'ed and tempered (1095/15n20) tomorrow so I can start on the guards and scales. That'll take up the entire weekend for me I'm guessing.

I started vacation today.
an hour at the driving range followed by 9 holes of golf
work on a new folder pattern
go watch the Minnesota Vikings training camp this afternoon - I am a Packerbacker but I since I moved to Mankato, I am now also a Viking fan.
Trailer up the 4 wheelers for 3 days of ATV riding in Wisconsin.
I haven't even mentioned fishing when I get back but I'll be dong that also.
then try to finish that new folder some time before my week is up.
:D

I'm taking better half to doc this am, and then work on clearing out old shop that is going to be torn down and replaced with new #2 shop. #1, not enough room, as you can imagine. Lathes and table saw going into new shop#2, so dirty work will done in there. Weather here is great. Boat motor is in the shop, so one day serious fishing is out. Maybe squaw spiked motor, to keep me home this weekend, huh? My sheath maker/gunsmith buddy is coming by this afternoon to shoot breeze, so we will probably take my .17 HMR to the range to try out the new trigger job he did on my rifle. Our tree rat season opens Sep.1, and my clown dog/squirrel pup and I have to be ready for opening day. Tomorrow, the world's largest horse is going to be at a store lot here for viewing, wife and I are going to go see it. Shop time will be Sunday, plus I have to go find a section of a log to stand on end for my anvil. Neighbors can suffer, we gotta do what we gotta do! Also,I am getting another working rivet forge cheap, maybe less than $50 ! Then, I will have 2 of them! Maybe I should collect them, seeing as how I can pick them up so cheap. Y'all have a grand weekend!

John, give Abe my best! Sounds like you're having too much fun though, I don't blame Kim for spiking the motor. :D She must've been talking to my wife.

I got up this morning and heat treated that skinning axe in the dark, then picked up all the stick and limbs in our yard from recent storms. Cripes, I dig trees but they can be a hassle.

I'm going to put a test edge on the axe this afternoon and give it a workout. If it passes, I'll start putting a finish on it and next weekend hopefully a handle. If this ugly bugger turns out at all I'll show y'all a picture of it. I did about 20" of filework all the way around its tang...

Just lite up the forge but still have alot of jet lag. IG gave me some saw steel I started to forge on, I'll try it again after I feed the cows. I've got my fingers crossed that it shear steel. The spark says it might be. Its really raining here but we really need it. I'll start hearing the grass growing tomorrow. Since I didn't bring in much hay this year the rain will really be a blessing.....

Fire up forge.....put metal in forge..... pull out hot metal.....hit with hammer....put back in forge.....pull out of forge.....hit with hammer.....put back into forge.....pull out of forge.....hit with hammer........put back into forge...............

Unfortunatly, it is not a knife. Gate and fence parts, fireplace tools, shutter hinges, and a couple of special forged drill bits. Boy this general blacksmithing work is getting in the way of trying to get some knife work finished.

Getin ready for the Saltfork Hammer-in at my place NEXT weekend. If you are in the neighborhood stop by. :D :D :D

Hopefully I'll drag my big butt out of the recliner and out to the shop and put some effort towards finishing the dagger, 2 bowies, and numerous folders I have started.
Boy do I have a bad habit of starting projects and not finishing them!

The major chore for the weekend will be shopping for a new suit or two, and maybe a couple new ties (eeewwww:(). It seems like it's interview season at the day job and my other suits lost a battle with a some angry a few months back. I hate to spend money on suits that could go for tools, but I guess in a sick way, they are tools.

Then it's time to deal with posting a huge lot of 1985 vintage Texas Instruments Ti99 4/A computers that I bought on ebay (got to finance the shop somehow). I mean huge, like a whole Grand Cherokee full of old computers and accessories! Hopefully after that I can spend a little time working on my grinder project and then a bit of beer drinking and hand sanding some blades.

Anyone interested in a low mileage Ti99 4/A?

John

Saturday afternoon I'm going to a trial "Reality Fighting" class. The instructor is a world champion martial artist. I want to take the free trial class before I decide if I want to throw down the money per month to join the school.

Saturday or Sunday I plan on watching "Dead Alive" with some of my buds. It is an oldish horror/comedy flick directed by Peter Jackson the guy who did "Lord of the Rings". He got his start directing and writing horror films, just a useless piece of info for everyone. :) Take care.

-Bryan

This is a fun weekend :barf:

The storms lately have damaged my roof. I have to fix it.
I realized the roof was damaged because my upstairs bathroom ceiling developed a 10 inch hole. I have to replace the Sheetrock.
My grass needs mowing.
I have a muzzle loader to finish.
I have two knives to finish grind.
I have a dash holster to finish.
I have not done the accounting from last week because we are short handed.

I can't wait until Monday.

It's not Friday anymore...but I'm so excited about what I got today, I can't sleep....:(

1971 Chevy Nova 307 - 95% original. (front driver's door is new, relatively)

It's giving me major grief though....have too many ideas about what to do, and not enough sense to just choose one path and stick to it.....

Well, at least I've got time on my side....no rush on this one!

for those interested, here's where I posted the pics:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309316

Back