Friends of BladeForums

Good morning all of our friends here on this forum. This is Bob's daughter, Lan. It took me a little bit to navigate the website to find the correct area to post this. Dad had shown me before, but well, you know how it is.
I wish to thank each and everyone here for the outpouring of support and love you showed Dad and the rest of my family. In particular my son Bo (of course you all know him as Bob's grandson). You have all had such a profound effect on our family and we are ever so grateful.
My Dad, Big Biscuit as he was lovingly known as here and elsewhere is leaving a huge hole in our lives. He was such a loving husband and companion to Mom for over 40 years. He was an inspirational and amazingly supportive Dad to me, and a huge role model for my son Bo. Bo's biological father was a heavy drug user and spent time in jail and disappeared from Bo's life at an early age. Looking back, it was the best thing that happened to Bo. My Dad stepped right in as the father figure to Bo until I finally met a good man and married. Even after which, Dad and Bo continued the strong bond. Dad taught Bo all the good things in life that a strong father should. How to live life the right way, how to enjoy life, and how to accept and deal with struggles as they came. They were inseparable. Bo is devastated now.
My Dad lived a very full life. He enjoyed building and working on classic muscle cars when I was very young. He was a super avid fisherman. Both commercially and recreational. He loved being on the ocean in his boat and took us out often. We camped, he worked in sports programs when I was younger and for Bo's football. Dad always had a love for knives and guns. He always, always had a knife in his pocket and taught Bo and I the value of having and using knives as tools for daily living. His love for knives was rekindled when he joined this website. He often spoke of all the good friends he made here.
Dad was a very caring and giving person throughout his whole life in many aspects.
He did have specific wishes for his final send off. He hated wakes and funerals, so none of that for Dad. We will be having a very private family gathering after cremation later this week or next. In that respect, My Dad requested that if someone were so inclined to do anything, he would like to see people make a small donation to the Dana-Farber Jimmy Fund, St. Judes (both for pediatric cancer) or to the college fund for Bo, arranged here by several loving members.
Once again, thank you all so much from Big Biscuit's family. We love you guys.
And I love you Dad!

Lan, thank you so much for the post. I share in the tears this morning as I am sure several here will as well. Know you have several prayer warriors on their knees for you and yours.

Lan,
Thank you for sharing this with us. Your Dad was a special man and it’s not surprising to hear what a great role model he was for you and for Bo.
He touched his “Online Family” here in the same way. Bob was a great example for all of us and his positive presence here on this forum cannot be overstated.
We are keeping you in our thoughts and our prayers.
Take care,
Ted

I would also like to add that Mom, Bo and myself read each and every comment in another thread dedicated to my Dad. Several times we had to stop to wipe the tears away due to all the wonderful comments.
I did forget to mention, but saw someone else posted about Dad's love for motorcycles. Yes, that was true. He always had a motorcycle. He actually built his own from scratch several years ago. And he did for sure race them. He loved ice racing motorcycles when I was very young. We still have his Harley in the garage.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lan. I lost my father earlier this year, so I can relate a little bit to what you are going through. It is tough to see a loved one deteriorate in front of you.

Thank you for taking the time to write your post. Your family must be going through incredible heartache right now, so we appreciate you taking the time to address us "knife guys and gals" on the porch. Bob was a huge part of our subforum, and his highs and lows were ours as well. We followed his journey (through the forum), and many of us had dealings and relationships with him over the years. He touched so many here, so know that he was extremely well-liked and respected.

That is small consolation for your loss, but hopefully it warms your heart a little. As a write this, I am carrying the Gipetto whittler that I purchased from Bob in his last sale on the forum, so it is very special to me, and I will treasure it.

Do take care, and don't be a stranger, we are here for you.

Glenn

I did forget to mention, but saw someone else posted about Dad's love for motorcycles.

Lan, I’m sorry to hear the news, my condolences. I liked to talk with Bob about Harley’s and he was always curious about where I was riding mine. I would text him pictures from my trips and boy did it make him jealous sometimes LOL.

But, he always got me back by sending bigger fish pictures. Thanks Bob!!!

Lan, what a gift we were given when Bob joined Blade Forums. His avatar picture brightened everyone's day and peaked our curiosity..."is that you when you were little Bob"? was often asked:) his kindness, concern, knowledge, generosity was made evident quite quickly. He reached out to so many, myself included, he engaged in PM conversations as well as phone calls, within minutes one felt like they knew Bob for years. At the end of a conversation you just knew Bob was a friend:thumbsup:
Bob and I (as well as others) are Patriot fans and in that an additional bond was formed. Whether pre season or regular season Bob and I would text during the games. Our love (yes love) of Bill and Tom where often talked about. It even took precedence over knives:eek: I will miss that so much but I know Bob will be watching, don't be surprised if I still text you or Bo on Bob's phone with the occasional "GRONK"!!! or "TOMMY"!!! & yes "BILL"!!!:D
Bob and I shared a passion for altering or what we call modding a knife and on more than one occasion we were in our garages modding at the same time on the same knife:cool:
You, your mom, Bo and all of your family are and will be in our thoughts.

Thank You for your post at this time of great loss for your family. I did not get to meet your father, but he was a great part of our group.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

Lan,

Bob was truly something else to this forum and to those he touched. Was the first friend I made on bladeforums. We used to talk about MA, riding motorcycles, his ice racing, how once I got lost in Chelsea, MA and how he used to do bank drop offs there. The 'armpit' of MA he called it aha. I will miss him and his friendship dearly, one of the best people I've met with wisdom to spread. I'll ride with my gremlin bell till I see him again. You, Bo, and your loved one's are in my thoughts.

Oh no! I took a few weeks off from the forums and what terrible news to come back to! I never met Bob in person, but his friendly and witty personality was always a joy to see here in the forums. So sorry for your loss Lan!

My wish for you and your family is a bounty of sweetness, and tenderness, and togetherness; and for Bo, a life full of gratification, growth, challenge, and opportunity.

Lan, your father lived the example of a loving and humble and thoughtful man we would all like to be but mostly fall short of. Consistently.

That's the legacy he leaves amongst both friends and strangers from around the world here in the BF Traditionals Forum.

Back