Frontier Camp Knife and Sheath

Dana Acker (The Acker Forge, Mt. Airy, NC) forged this frontier style camp knife with Elk bone handle partially covered with stitched Bison hide and wrapped with hemp cord, then sealed with pitch. Chuck Burrows (WildRose Trading Co., Durango, CO) fashioned the period sheath complete with Rattlesnake and Buffalo dressing. There's a lot more to this stunning collaboration than I could feature in one image. Hopefully I've managed to convey at least some of its abundant style and energy.

orig.jpg

Buddy Thomason

Hi Buddy,

Dana and Chuck are very respected in their styles and similarities. I can see why you chose Chuck to work with you on this.

I have a taste of this style knife now, because I understand the history just a tad. This one smacks of praries and horsebacks and feathers, and.... warpaint! ;)

No one can say boo about your photo skills. That's as clean a photo as I've ever seen.

Coop

The knife has got a wild side to its personality that simply arrests the attention of every viewer who merely glances its way. It is like staring at a bison standing in an open field at a time when the animal outnumbered man 10 to one.

The photography is, of course, superb. :)

Glad you guys like this one. It puts visions in my head too! :)
Buddy Thomason

That knife / sheath package is cool beyond words. Excellent photos too. :)

Roger

Back