1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

FUKUTA SOG

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by santino34, Jan 11, 2019.

1. santino34

santino34

Sep 20, 2006
    Hi guys. I would like to share some pics of a knife I recently picked up and have some questions about. I know that it was made by Tak Fukuta in Japan and that is a SOG pattern knife. What I would like to know is approximately when was it made and what kind of steel was used? Is it rare? I haven't been able to find much info on it. I paid $315 for it. How did I do? Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. santino34

santino34

Sep 20, 2006
    Also, it is not very sharp but apparently not from use . Is there a reason for this and should I sharpen it? Thanks again.

3. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar Platinum Member

Sep 1, 2016
    FYI, that is not a SOG brand knife but a SOG-style knife made by Tak Fukuta for Jim Parker. There's a lot of information out there about both gentlemen but Tak Fukuta generally made some pretty nice knives.

As to why it's not sharp, I have no idea. As for it's value I don't know but I wouldn't be allowed to tell you even if I knew. :)