Full On LCC Torture Test...

OK...No crying...I took most of the morning Saturday to put my new LCC thru its paces. And I mean it...I did to this knife...alot of what I did to my BK&T Brute!

I first took the knife into the kitchen; fruit, veggies, raw meat for the animals in my home. All no problems. Tomatos were a sinch, as were aloe leaves. I was hesitant to mess with the loin of pork, worrying about a bone proving dangerous...no problem, did nothing.

I then took the knife into the basement, insured a sharp edge, then cut the hell out of my last old pair of carpenters jeans. Not a problem. Took a sharp edge, kept it, and cleanly tore thru my Carrhart jean with ease. My old leather jacket, of which only the back, and 1/2 a sleeve remain (thank you UJI!!!) proved to be an easy task as well.

Next...the great outdoors! My grandfather's grape vine needed seasonal trimming today, so I climbed the ladder, and went to work. He thought I was nuts using the new LCC to do what I did, he offered me his Case XX a few times...I declined, eager to test the knife, and get a good feeling for its limitations...THERE WERE NONE!!!
The knife held up to everything, which I expected it would, afterall, my Socom was AWESOME!!!

Rope, vine, twigs, leaves, and even coolant feed hose for a chevy were all no problem (for venting the fig tree!!!). I was impressed. Not by how the knife did all this, I expected that, but the fact that the knife is so close to CUSTOM and still held up
with barely a scratch!

Finally...FLESH!!! Something I think is crazy, but I have started to do lately...I INTENTIONALLY cut myself, just to get a feel for exactly how much pressure is necessary to inflict a blood-drawing wound...and for this piece, trust me it isn't as bad as it sounds, IT WAS VERY EASY!!!

All tolled, nice knife...no words can express the awe I feel towards this piece. I plan to BOX it now I think...maybe after I get one in DAMASCUS, I'll carry this one everyday! I know it can take ANYTHING!!!

------------------
What we do today in life...echoes in eternity...
Every man dies...not every man lives...

Originally posted by DANGELO:
Finally...FLESH!!! Something I think is crazy, but I have started to do lately...I INTENTIONALLY cut myself

This does not sound good. I think you should give all your knives to your friends here at BladeForums (I'll take the LCC) and seek professional help.

------------------
Dave

Let no one ever from henceforth say one word in any way countenancing war. It is dangerous even to speak of how here and there the individual may gain some hardship of soul by it. For war is hell, and those who institute it are criminals. Siegfried Loraine Sassoon

Outstanding review! I'm now happier than ever with my new LCC, knowing it can take whatever I dish out.
I was just about to do the flesh-cut test, but since you already took care of that, what's the use?
wink.gif

Thanks!
-Paul

Thanks for the good review, the LCC is definitly the favorite knife for me, and for only $150 or less, I think it's THE best knife for the price.

youre crazier than i am,come on,flesh!?!?
at least someone is willing to do this,my cat runs away everytime i call her name for some strnage reason,hmmmmm.oh well,i just got a ferret.....
biggrin.gif

Damn, man...your cat! I rememeber when I got my first stun gun. At the time, I had three dogs, all of which are still around today.

The only one who wasn't affraid of the SNAPPING, was the Rotti

Let us just say...she still snarls at me when I go over my mother's house!!!!

!!!!!
STEVE

------------------
What we do today in life...echoes in eternity...
Every man dies...not every man lives...

Back