• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

full tang leuku

Leuku pattern blade, full tang, in walnut.

OAL 10 inches. Blade is 5 1/4 inches. 1/8 inch 1080 steel with a differential temper.

Grind is what people are calling a scandivex- lightly convexed scandi grind. This grind performs very well and is easy to keep going with a leather strop. It carves much like a scandi, with the edge strenth of the convex grind.

For sharpening, I use a JRE strop bat. I leather strop mounted on a wood backing keeps the angles from gettign too obtuse near the tip. Generally stropping with compund will take care of the edge, if a bit more is needed due to hard use, a strip of 800 or 1000 grit wetday paper can be tacked over the leather strop face. The mousepad system- for me- is a bit too soft.

Handle material is english walnut, with a good tiger figuring, with brass pin and tubing stock. I don't do a ton of brass these days, but it's very good match for the wood.

Sheath is a ranger model, deep pouch. double stitched, all hand stitching.

this is serial #317

Asking $170, SOLD

Thanks!
Christof

317-0001.jpeg

317-0005.jpeg

317-0007.jpeg

317-0009.jpeg

317-0011.jpeg

317-0012.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW, that sweet!

This one is the new pattern with the slimmer convex angles on the grind and the 1/8 inch 1080 steel.

There's always some variation in size and exact shape since I work by hand and don't trace out any patterns on this style of knife.

I don't normally comment in the sales threads but...

I love the decarb/oxidizing patterns on the blade.... lotsa character there. There is something about the tip profile that is very pleasing to the eye... you must have hit the perfect balance with your belly to tip upsweep. (For me, anyway) Best of luck on the sale, bro.

Rick

Christof makes a great knife. Cost for knife and quality sheath make his knives a bargain in my opinion.
If I look at this again I guess I will have to make it three.

Last edited:
Back