Fun Camp Chopper!!!

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
So I’ve been interested in these cleaver/competition type choppers lately and for a recent camp out, I made myself this beasty:) Sort of similar lines to a Battle Cleaver I found pics of online. It’s a heavyweight for sure but hella fun around the campfire! I made it from my usual 1/4in thick 5160 with black G10 scales. I used my JEST pattern handle to go with the squared off blade. The tip is sharpened but a little more obtuse for digging, scraping, and a little prying if needed. Overall it is 14 5/8in with a 9 1/8in blade tip to handle. Had a lot of fun breaking down some rounds to feed the fire. Makes for a handy hatchet replacement :D My buddy got a couple of nice pics for me.
View attachment 953641 View attachment 953642

Yep Bill sure can do a blade Right
Case in point

Ew86C2T.jpg

Bill, is this hollow ground? Kind of looks like it and that would suprise me considering how many of your blades I have owned over the years.

1/8in blade tip to handle. Had a lot of fun breaking down some rounds to feed the fire. Makes for a handy hatchet replacement :D My buddy got a couple of nice pics for me.

Back