Fun Friday Sale. B E H E M O T H E R

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
We reimagined the Behemoth as something closer to a out-of-range comp chopper (this would not be legal at a sanctioned event). We thickened the stock but narrowed the primary grind angle resulting in a tall narrow grind with a lot of ass behind it. This has the same shallow S grind that's winning a lot of races.

I didn't take this super thin or crazy hard but it is tuned to CUT, not bash.

Today's sale is limited to these two, but we will start an open order sale in two weeks. This will not be a standard pattern.

bMKXRbb.jpg

KCGkRfP.jpg

khvmKTk.jpg

R9FzrG6.jpg

XmbIORl.jpg

QBdzAfw.jpg

ANhOhvQ.jpg

tDNCCre.jpg

vtHkA7n.jpg

Specs:
Delta 3V, 60.5 HRC, .275" thick at ricasso
Total length 17.875"
Blade length 12.1"
Weight 28.4 oz
Edge angle 20 DPS
.040" BTE
Center of Gravity about 2" out into the blade
Center of Percussion about 6" out into the blade

Despite its size it's not unwieldly.

I'll post more pictures and information later today but I wanted to go ahead and get this up early. This opens at 5:00 eastern time.

$680 in regular canvas micarta (natural or black) without shipping or sheath.

$950 with swedge, acid wash, and antique micarta (as shown)

Optional add on:
Sheath (kydex Mashed Cat) $85
Swedge $100
Acid wash $60
Satin grind after tumble (clean 220 grit finish) $150

Scales, substitute for basic micarta:
Black Linen micarta $10
OD green micarta $15
Burlap micarta $25
Rag micarta $25
Terotuf (grey or bright green) $25
Ebonite hard rubber $25
Edge cut antique Micarta $110
Rubber inlay $150

Shipping is $15. Multiples do not accrue additional shipping.

Be aware the basic configuration is a good value and a high performance knife and some of these add-ons are pretty expensive and don't really add a lot of value. For example acid wash won't make it cut better and does show wear. Satin hand grind will show sheath marks worse than the standard tumble finish. I charge a lot for the swedge because I'm the only one in the shop who does them and I'm stretched thin. I'm including these options because people want them but I recommend the standard configuration for your best bang for the buck. Except the rubber scales. You might should get those if you plan to use this, they're awesome.

Please be aware that some options are only available in limited quantities.

Today's sale is for two knives in any configuration you want.

We will have an open sale here in two weeks that I will leave open for a while. They will ship as we can build them. Blades and scales are already made so it's not really a pre-order, it's just an order.

Eric has one of these now so you can place a custom sheath order with Mashed Cat if you desire.

Last edited:
I’m assuming these will still hold up to stupid back yard limb hacking like the original BC? Cause that’s all I’ll be doing with it. Or would I be better served grabbing the old model?

Yeah it's not fragile. While it is certainly not an overbuilt pry bar and probably could take a little ding in a bevel if you were to land a super wonky hit with it, you're not going to break it.

it is about the same durability as the original BC, and the current MC. It is more durable than the LC and the CC and less durable than the HC.

Back