Fun Friday Sale! DAGGERS!

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
unlocks at 5:00 eastern time

Due to the limited quantities and a desire to make this a nice leisurely sale, I am limiting this sale to the folks who contributed pictures in the "please post some dek1 pictures that I can use in our pre order thread" https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...at-i-can-use-in-our-pre-order-thread.1741720/

^ if you posted a picture there, thank you. If so and you would like to order a dagger please consider joining this sale thread at 5:00 eastern time.

This is our new Boot Dagger pattern. It won't be a standard pattern. Our run of these will yield about 100 knives. These are the first four and we will have 40 out in the main sale area next week.

2Gu00yW.jpg

GLbFLdL.jpg

mTxZI7n.jpg

i94HMAf.jpg

I've been wanting to do this project for a long time. Let me tell you about this little dagger.

Delta 3V, HRC 60.5
Blade length 4.438" from tip to guard
Blade width .9"
Total length 8.69"
Thickness at ricasso .205"
Sharpened 20 DPS
Black on black micarta (canvas or linen)
heat darkened titanium screws
Engineered skeletonized tang
4.9 oz, balances 7/8" behind guard

Edge thickness before sharpening tapers from .015" at ricasso to .010" at point
Edge thickness behind the edge after sharpening is under .025" at ricasso and over .030" at point.

I tapered the edge thickness before sharpening down towards the point to compensate for the complex interaction of the intersection of the edge bevel with the primary grind as the primary grind changes along the length of the blade.

The grind starts out as a severe hollow grind at the plunge. It is a 1 1/2" radius there (3" hollow grind) but grows in diameter becoming a flat grind at the point. Also, the grind is twisted becoming more obtuse at the point to create a reinforced point. Otherwise the tip of a deep grind like this is extremely weak. My point is very strong. The goal with this design was to create a very sharp double edge straight razor geometry at the plunge with a stout armor piercing point reinforced with a strong center rib that runs the length of the dagger. This dagger will shave the hair off a fly and also defeat Kevlar body armor.

The handle is designed for a saber grip and a reverse grip. In the saber grip the butt fits in the palm of your hand. In the reverse grip your thumb fits over the end of the dagger. When held in a saber grip you can hold it like a regular knife with your thumb and index finger in the finger choils, or you can turn it 90 degrees with the blade horizontal as a traditional main gauche is held. When held as a main gauche there are deep jimping milled that give good positive traction to your thumb tip.

We kept the handle as thin and trim as possible considering this is not a cutting tool you'll be carving with all afternoon setting up camp, it is a concealed weapon, but the handle is well designed for positive grip to keep your enemy stabbed and your hand uncut. The handle is not overly rounded and it indexes positively in your hand. The tactile feel of the deep thumb jimping scallop is unmistakable and easily identified without looking.

Price is $375, no sheath
Shipping adds $13
Comes with very good black on black canvas micarta. Change to black on black linen micarta (black as coal) add $20. <--- limited quantity

Last edited:
1: Amazing, never won the rat race before, and the random key I pressed in the post was prescient...

Double Black Linen please!

EDIT: Also, wow, I guessed just right on how much I needed to set aside for this, had $415 earmarked!

Last edited:
I waited 2 minutes, just to say I saw this in time to have a legitimate shot...but I didn't even have a DEK1 when the image request went out (my schedule didn't allow me to participate until much later in the game)

Back