• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

fusion santoku

hello guys and gals,

I have this santoku for sale.
blade is japanese made, 165mm (6.5 inches) long with iron sides and a blue steel (aogami ) core.
hardness is around 62Hrc.

handle is a combination of deer antler and lignum vitae (black) bolster.
brass pins are hidden by contrasting wood (LV).

knife is designed both for work and pleasure - work coming from the steamy kitchen and pleasure coming from touch (warm natural materials and interesting texture) and sight (flowing shape and natural materials).

price is 190usd shipped to your door, airmail registered.

I'm open to questions and suggestions.

cheers,
Mile

This is very primal looking, I gotta say it appeals to me quite a lot! I'm not sure I'd be able to use it in my kitchen at work, but man would it get some fun looks haha. How far does the tang extend into the handle?

My wife thinks it looks badass too :). Gotta figure out if I can justify this purchase.

it does indeed have a very cool look. Love the treatment on the bolster, well done.

Just received the knife today, this is great example of art and function. Balance on it is surprisingly great given the somewhat none standard shape. Definitely sharp enough to handle any chores I will throw its way in the kitchen! Also Mile is a really stand up guy, amazing to deal with. I can't wait to see more of his work.

Back