1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Future Blog Post Premiers

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by B Griffin, Jan 10, 2019.

1. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    The website works a little differently these days than it did when I first started writing the blog posts for it on my own five years ago, and with all the other issues going on in my life sorting out how best to adapt my methods to the changes has been taking some trial and error. Years ago there was a completely different system in place. I wrote the stories based on relativity to something to do with the current events or they were relative seasonally, and as soon as I had them cleaned up and edited, I published them myself. Back then it was much easier for me to keep my content timely and relative to the specific day(s) or season at hand, and I enjoyed that aspect of it very much. These days the website has new administration, and a new system for the administration to publish articles authored by multiple writers in place. So, now there can sometimes be a delay of weeks from the time I submit the finished work till it gets published, and I am having to revamp my methods.

As some of you know, one of the reasons I have been less active here on the forum the last several months has been due to the fact that I have been having to do as much of my work as possible, whilst simultaneously driving 15 miles at the beginning and end of the day to babysit my four yr old grandson over forty hours a week for my oldest daughter free of charge, so we could get her back to a better job and a better place in life and my grandson in day care after we got her abusive husband out of their picture, after I learned of him abusing my daughter and my grandson for some time before, and then her being overwhelmed by suddenly becoming a single mom. Which is a feeling I know well from being a single dad to a teenage daughter with autism issues, with little to no help with either of their mothers in all of it. And this combined with some medical issues and severe pains of my own I am having to just deal with the best I can till I can get back on track and back in treatment...hopefully, was rough. But she is mobile again, has a better job now, and my grandson is in day care finally.

That isn't the only reason for the absence though, and I haven't been as absent from the Fiddleback world as it appears from the forum perspective. I have also been working on my new approach to illustration and timeliness, by going out and shooting a lot of illustration photos for material I have outlined this year and will finish writing next year adding in the current details at the time. So, in my efforts to get ahead of the flow of seasonal time, I have also been out repping Fiddleback Forge in lots of conversations and demonstrations in various venues, with people who have shown interest in the knives and my work in the places where I have been working on my outlines and illustrations for future pieces the last several months. One of the acquaintances I have know for a few years now, whose work brings him here to local hotels ever so often, and who is starting to border on a friendship these days has even been helping me come up with some of the seasonal material simply via all the little "what if?" "how could I?" and "how would you?" questions he likes to ask each time we meet, since he now knows who all I do write for and the types of content I produce for them and follows my work regularly. A couple of his questions have led to some of my blog posts in the past, and I enjoy doing those.

Anyway, to get to the point in the title, in an effort to keep things more timely for the Fiddleback family that spends the most time here in the Fiddleback forum, from now on I am going to be doing early premiers of my blog posts here. I'll be posting one of them in a few minutes, and I will post a few more of them over the next couple of days for your reading pleasure :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    VANCE and NoRest like this.