G-10 on Carni Cub vs. Pioneer II

cpirtle

Leathercrafter
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I just got my Carni Cub to compliment my Pioneer II. Carni Cub is awesome but I think I still like the Pioneer a little better. Plan to add a full sized Carni soon too!

Anyway, I noticed that the g-10 on the Pioneer is sanded smooth where the G-10 on the Cub is textured.

Are they all that way?

I think I like the smoother sanded finish of the Pioneer better. Has anyone tried to sand off the finish on textured G-10?

I have both those knives, and my G-10 scales are the same as yours. I like my "Cub" better, as I DON'T like the placement of the thumb-stud on the Pioneer II. (It's too darn close to the scale when closed, and should be ambidextrious!).

I have a full-sized (Carnivour) on the way, that I should have in my hot little hands tomorrow (or Thursday)..., AND I just made a trade for a Pocket Hobbit, that will be on its' way to me tomorrow (Wednesday)! YIPPEE!!!

As far as sanding the G-10 scales...I have beveled (rounded) the sharp-edges on all 3 of my REKAT folders, and they feel ALOT "better" in my hand now..., but I've heard that breathing the G-10 "dust" isn't too good for ya, so be careful...

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

I received my Carnivour today.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Dann, don't keep us in suspense! How do you like your grown up Carnivore?

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

Back