G-10 or Micarta?

Being a long-time #112 Ranger fan, I've found that I NEED a 112 Slim Pro from C&C. (we all have our needs!) The big question is which handle material, G-10 or micarta. Which way should I go?
This addiction is getting out of hand. I just got a #110 Smoke Jumper four days ago, and a #103 inverted stamp last week!

The G10 Ive seen reminds me of a Spyderco. The Micarta version is nice too but a little smooth.

Being a long-time #112 Ranger fan, I've found that I NEED a 112 Slim Pro from C&C. (we all have our needs!) The big question is which handle material, G-10 or micarta. Which way should I go?
This addiction is getting out of hand. I just got a #110 Smoke Jumper four days ago, and a #103 inverted stamp last week!

There is no known cure for Buck Fever.
Fortunately, it is not a terminal illness. :)

As to your question, I don't know.
I have three knives with G10. As far as I know, I don't have any with Micarta.

Though I'm a fan of G10, I did handle a 112 Slim Pro in micarta. It was very nice. And micarta is pretty darn rare in a Buck. So I say go with micarta.

It's not an addiction, there are cures for them, this is an incurable sickness and the cure, new Buck knives, only soothes the need until the next cure, new Buck knife, comes along a day or two later. Clean out a closet like I did. I named it the mushroom closet. Whenever I open the door there's more knives in there than before, I think. I have to go now, I feel the symptoms coming on and I need to get to the Buck web-site....:D:D:D:D:cool:

S30V is fairly rare in a 112 too..The brown micarta is probably the most popular. Good choice!

Some blem 112 g10 with s30v are available,

I really like micarta, but if the G10 has the same texture as my 110 Pro I would have to go with that. It's got really nice grip to it. Good in more real life situations. Spyderco G10 is a good comparison. The blem is tempting as regular prices are a little high right now (imo).

Hi, I am completely new here and looking at getting a 112 and I am just doing research right no before I make the purchase. I was just curious as to what you guys mean by the Blem?

Fish17402, a warm welcome from the Pine Barrens of south Jersey! A "blem" is a blemish - a small flaw the finish of the knife; does not affect the usefulness of the knife at all, and those that I've seen are barely visible, if visible at all.

Fish17402, a warm welcome from the Pine Barrens of south Jersey! A "blem" is a blemish - a small flaw the finish of the knife; does not affect the usefulness of the knife at all, and those that I've seen are barely visible, if visible at all.

Thank you!! That's what I kind of assumed but just wanted to make sure so unless you get it directly from Buck you are more or less going to have some type of blem?

No..the only way to buy a blem is to purchase one in Bucks factory store or from a friend or Ebay reseller who walked in and did. Sometimes the discount is fairly small but on higher priced Bucks it is can be dramatic! I have never seen a 'blemished' Buck knife that looked bad.

Back