G2,3 and 4

Would someone please define the sheath possibilities for a small Sebbies ? I see G2 sheaths referred to, and am not quite sure, I thought it was a scale material.
Thanks.

There is a steel called G2, but the G2 we all know and love is a man named Gary Graley (G squared, actually ;) )

Gary is quite a leather smith who is kind enough to stitch together a sheath for friendly fellow forumites in need of classy and converient carry of their fine folders!

Gary is very modest, but let me tell you that he makes some of the finest leather sheaths around.

There is such a thing as a "G2" on this forum. Personally, I've never thought of him as square. In fact, I've always considered him kinda cool !

As far as G3's and G4's. . .yes. . .but those are corporate type business jets made by "Gulfsteam." Man, those things comes with loads of leather too ! ;)

Oh. . .almost forgot. G2 made me a sheath for my large sebbie. It turned out as cool as the knife and the sheath maker ! :D

You guys are always too nice to me, really appreciate the thoughts and good words you provide!

When Spyderco came out with that G2 steel I was worried I'd have to change my nic, but it worked out ok.

Thanks guys and Gals!
G2

I've been toting a small in one of Gary's canted sheaths (do a search at this forum to see a pic), and it only gets better with age. He's a pleasure to do business with, and will deliver nothing but the best leather sheath imaginable. You've gotta give him input, everything from carry position to desired retention to tip-up or down, but he'll do you right no matter what.

And as I've said before, anyone who dances like he can is noone less than an arteeeeest.

:)

Professor.

Gary certainly makes very nice sheaths that hold up to wear extremely well.

Back