G2 sheath security?

Hello everyone. I know that Gary's sheaths are top of the line...but I am a bit leery about the retaining ability of a sheath that relies only on the fit of the knife in it. I know that many neck knives come with Kydex sheaths that rely on this method of securing them...but as far as I know, Kydex does not suffer from the stretching that leather is prone to. What I am really interested in is whether anyone can speak to the security of G2's canted and horiz. sheaths for the plain handled sebbies. Gary, I very much welcome your comments as well.

Thanks in advance to all.

The canted sheath for my small plain is very secure. You can't shake the knife out of the sheath (holding it upside-down), and it is much more secure than a knife clipped to your pocket.

btw, I am very particular about the people or products that I would recommend to others, but Gary and his sheaths are on that list:)

I've got absolute confidence in my small canted sheath Gary made for me. If you get him to make yours to facilitate pivot-end down in the sheath like mine, it'll have better retention than pivot-end up. As well, you'll have an easier time muscle-memory-wise when you occasionally put the clip back on the knife and carry it that way, since both clipped in pocket and when in sheath, you'll be drawing it the same way.

Professor.

I have had one of Garys sheaths for 8 months. This sheath has been very secure. I have done some activities such as playing tennis and mountain biking althought I'm sure Gary would not recommend this. I have not had any trouble with the knife falling out at all.

I have a canted sheath for my large standard that lets the knife fit in pivot end down. I have not experienced any problems with this sheath. I use it when camping or when I want to carry a second sebbie around. The knife is very secure in this rig!

Back