Ganzo G704 Pocket clip Q seeks A

Amici,
I have several Ganzo folders that I have to say that I have been lucky since each fit and finish is spot on. My question has to do with the screws used for securing the pocket clip on the arrow type used on the 704. Being a southpaw, I removed the clip form the right to mount onto the left. I noticed that the screws seem to be only anchored in the G10 and not the liners firstly. Anyhoo's, when I tried to mount onto the left side, I encountered a NOGO and was forced to remount onto the right.

Now I tried different screws from assorted vendors that I had off hand, Ernie, Kershaw, etc. And either they didn't fit through the clip holes, or if they did, they didn't seem to seat properly through the G10 and into the liners themselves although the liners are tapped.

So my question is, does anyone know what size torx or any screw would be a sufficient replacement for the stock Ganzo screws to use to mount a pocket clip on the G704 specifically?

Cheers,
Serge

There is no reason the holes would be a different size.

why the clip screws need to reach into the liner? As long as they are securely tightened on the G10 scale, it should be fine (the g10 scale and the liner are secured by other screws). If the NOGO is due to smaller screw holes in the liner, maybe you can file off the tip of the screws a bit?

why the clip screws need to reach into the liner? As long as they are securely tightened on the G10 scale, it should be fine (the g10 scale and the liner are secured by other screws). If the NOGO is due to smaller screw holes in the liner, maybe you can file off the tip of the screws a bit?

Because G10 isn't hard enough to thread. The screws would pull out the first time you used the clip.

OP, did you try inserting the screws first without the clip? Sometimes it is just a little glue or whatever that is in the way and running the screws in and out will clean that up.

Otherwise, when you remove the screws from the regular side, you should be able to see the thread in the holes that are in the liners just looking though the gap in the handle spine with a bright light. Are both set of holes there, and did the factory thread them both?

Back