Ganzo Sharpener?

I was watching a knife making video by M.N Projects and I noticed he was using a Ganzo sharpener, and I have to say it looked kinda good.

Does anyone here use one? And will the stones hold up to tougher steels?

We don't support ganzo here at all. They only clone so they are not a legitimate company.
Fair enough, I would never buy one of their knives. I was just looking for a cheap sharpener to give to my brother as he has 20 or so dull knives lol

It might work out cheaper if I can source out a lansky locally. I just wasn't exactly happy with my lansky as I had a warped stone right out of the box.

Do you know of any other sharpening systems under $75. That take the guess work out?

Fair enough, I would never buy one of their knives. I was just looking for a cheap sharpener to give to my brother as he has 20 or so dull knives lol

It might work out cheaper if I can source out a lansky locally. I just wasn't exactly happy with my lansky as I had a warped stone right out of the box.

Do you know of any other sharpening systems under $75. That take the guess work out?
Get him a pull through. :rolleyes:

Spyderco sharpmaker. No brainer. One just sold new in box on the exchange but you can find em all over the intraweb. If u want to go the extra mile combine it with a cheapo flexcut strop. Nice inexpensive system for the beginner or intermediate.

Avoid the ganzo. Like the plauge and other clone sharpening systems. Just bad junk. Bad stones too.

Sharp maker is nice. Gatco is an alternative to lansky. And smith's also have an alt. Dmt also have a system.

What's wrong with getting bench stones and learning to sharpen that way?

Maybe, maybe not. ;)
Does he have no interest in learning to sharpen freehand?

Avoid the ganzo. Like the plauge and other clone sharpening systems. Just bad junk. Bad stones too.

Sharp maker is nice. Gatco is an alternative to lansky. And smith's also have an alt. Dmt also have a system.

What's wrong with getting bench stones and learning to sharpen that way?

Both me and my brother inherited some stones from my Grand Father. But for some reason neither of us ever had the knack to do a nice even edge.
Personally I was only ever able to get small knives like a sak sharpish on them, but a rough edge.

Both me and my brother inherited some stones from my Grand Father. But for some reason neither of us ever had the knack to do a nice even edge.
Personally I was only ever able to get small knives like a sak sharpish on them, but a rough edge.
I left you a message on your profile page.

Danbot gave me an excellent suggestion i'm going to try out.

At the same time I decided to stop being so cheap and get him a lansky. The weird thing is barely any one is selling them anymore locally. I checked Canadian tire, cabella's etc. Only MEC has them.

When I caught the knife bug a few years ago in 2014. I remember work sharp belt sharpeners being the new thing. Have they pretty much dominated since then, and thats what people are mainly buying?

I bought a Ken Onion WS basically just for quickly resetting the bevels on badly chipped blades. I also bought a Hapstone V6 from Gritomatic on the forum here. I'm happy with it. It's basically a heavy duty Edge-pro type of sharpener that I use when friends or co-workers give me their entire drawer full of kitchen knives to sharpen for them. If I'm only sharpening a few, I will just use my favourite method, which is freehand on bench stones.

Back