Gap between scale & tang, is it normal?

Hey All,
Quick question:
I just received my first Custom Shop Swamp Rat and everything is great except for one spot where the scales are separated from the tang more so than anywhere else. I am able to put a piece of the paper it came with in there when I can't do so anywhere else. The gap is about an inch, maybe an inch-and-a-half long.

So my question is: Is this expected / normal or should I contact them about it?

Quick pics:

Email them with the problem. They will most definately want that knife back to make things right.

The one knife I had to send back they requested I send a copy of the email included.

I have had a few smaller gaps in a couple. But not that much.

If it bothers you they will make it right. But emailing Trissy would be better than Lexi, she has enough to do on the Busse side and Trissy is the one that handles Swamp Rat, now i know Lexi is awesome and does help out but the right place would be Trissy.

What im more interested in is seeing the blade... Come on, dont hold out on us, show the blade already.

Sorry for the issue with the handle. You can send it back to us with a note explaining the issue and we will get that taken care of for you. Just shoot Trissy an e-mail at ratcustomerservice@toast.net to let her know what is going on and that you are sending it back in and she will take care of the rest.

Yep, send it in. I had the same problem with my CS Rodent 4, they're taking care of it as I type this.

Or you could just rub some dirt in it...

;) :) :D

:thumbup: My drop point R6 came with a little gap in it, but after a little use you can barely notice it. Dirt has a way of finding itself into the tightest of areas. I didnt mind it at all so i just let it sort itself out.

Back