Gardening special

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
15 inch 18 ounce Villager Utility Knife by Anil. Sandan wood handle. Nice and sharp blade at $59. *SOLD*

nkiL4uF.jpg

FnNnkoq.jpg

v6MpnQr.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com
First come first served

Last edited:
I finally got around to taking pictures of the sheath I put together for this great little Khukuri.
I asked a friend what I should make the sheath out of offering them leather, wood, leather and wood, or kydex. They picked wood. I cheated and also used a little bit of brass.
The wood is called Goncalo Alves and it is primarily held together with standard wood glue, but reinforced with threaded brass rod and epoxy.
As you can see, one side is thicker than the other. I was using leftovers from another project and I didn't have quite enough of the thicker piece for all 3 layers, enough of the thinner piece for 2 layers, and the thinner piece wasn't thick enough for the middle layer so this is what I ended up with.
It doesn't matter though because it still works.
I'll post an update if it ever fails in some way.

DSC-0073.jpg

DSC-0075.jpg

DSC-0076.jpg

DSC-0078.jpg

Great job! That wood looks really pretty. There is just something about a VUK and a wooden sheath. I made some sheaths out of pallet wood for some VUKs for gifts at Christmas last year. They were a big hit.

Last edited:
Those look really good! I thought about doing a similar wrap with leather instead of cord, but I don't intend to carry it on a belt at the moment.

Back