1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Garth Had Shoulder Surgery Last Monday. . . .

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    Garth is recovering from some heavy duty surgery on his right shoulder. He seems to be progressing fairly well. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Unfortunately, he is unable to start "Tequila Therapy" for another week.

If you have emails into him, please be patient. He's typing with one finger on his left hand as fast as he can. . . . Sorta looks like me when I type but he's probably still about three times faster!!!

Get well soon "G" :thumbsup::D

Let's Drink! :cool:

Jerry :D

David Lennon likes this.
  2. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I'll second that!
    Both parts.

Edited to add: All out of Coors Light, so I'm drinking a Shiner Prickly Pear in Garth's honor. But I really wish I had a Carling Black Label.

3. Thesian

Thesian Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Speedy recovery Garth!

4. co556guy

co556guy

Dec 13, 2011
    Hmm. There's a joke about infi and weight in here somewhere....I just know it.

5. ScoMa

ScoMa

Aug 13, 2017
    Sounds like Garth needs an assistant

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  6. Surfsidemel

Surfsidemel

Jun 16, 2015
    Garth,
    Here's to your speedy recovery. Hope your shoulder heals quickly and fully. Stay on top of your rehabilitation therapy. And hoping you get back in the saddle soon with the Tequila Curls.
    Surfsidemel

7. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Get well soon!

8. 6850

6850 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Get well soon Garth, best wishes from Alberta.

9. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Get well soon Garth !

10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Wishing you all the best for a good recovery Garth !!! I had surgery a few months ago on my nose and I have to tell you, washing the pain meds down with rum worked wonders for my mood.... :D :D

duramax and tuica like this.
  11. nick681

nick681

Nov 22, 1999
    Get well soon!

12. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Take good care of yourself Garth! Go easy on the tequila, and especially easy on your shoulder.

13. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Welcome to getting old buddy! Pretty soon you'll start getting AARP sht in the mail and then the Golden Buckeye applications shows up and then robo calls from knee and hip replacement doctors. Then there's the weddings and baby showers and "oh Daddy I need some money" which you won't refuse at first cause you a Sucka' LOL!!! .... Hey, If you can't one hand the Cabo *which I find embarrassing* LMK, I can swing by and top off your glass for ya but just evenings, someone from the shop will have to handle day duties till I get home. :D .... And isn't that AR ready to shoot yet? You know the one, that you won't be shooting anytime soon until you become ambidextrous like me :D ~ Take care man and best wishes to a speedy recovery! You gonna have about 6 thousand Gemini's need sharpening waiting on ya! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: .... Does laughing make it hurt? If it does? damn that sucks.....toughen up buttercup :p ~ Get well soon! You got two weeks and then back to the front!!!!

14. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Wishing you all the best with recovery, Garth! May be whiskey spirits shine upon you for a speedy recovery towards being able to drink again!

15. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    Good luck brother, get that shoulder ready for deer season :thumbsup:

16. rwdata

rwdata Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Here’s a wish for a full, fast and speedy recovery.

17. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    May you get well soon Garth.

18. JFLemm

JFLemm Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Garth:
    All the best Brother, get well soon.

Take it from someone who has had shoulder work on each shoulder. DO YOUR PT, PERIOD. Slack off, back out, and you will suffer forever because of it. The shoulder that I ditched PT on still haunts me five years later. Not trying to be an ass, only scare you into doing your PT.

Good luck, shoulders suck! ;>P

lmcq784 likes this.
  19. Briandt3

Briandt3 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Hope you heal up quick Garth, wishing you a quick and comfortable recovery :thumbsup:

20. MacLaren1

MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    Garth, here's to a very quick and very pain free recovery!!