Gary Graley Sheaths

If you have a folder that needs a leather sheath, or if you have a folder with a sheath that just doesn't do the knife justice, or if you have a special carry problem that needs a creative solution, I recommend you contact Gary Graley. His website:

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/7306/blades.html

Within the past month, I've had Gary make leather sheaths for two knives. Gary does this work part time, but has certainly mastered the skill of leather craft. Both knives offered special challenges, which were raised by me via very crude instructions, and then executed by him in very pleasing packages.
His leather grade is nice and heavy with a rich, lustrous finish, good flex and a snug, comfortable fit. Both sheaths he designed for me were pouch type, and both knives seat securely but come free with a good tug without hanging up.
Although I'm sure he gets busy with orders, work and family, I was lucky enough to catch him without too much backlog and both sheaths were in my hands in less than two weeks after his receipt of each order.
I'm primarily concerned with function and carry, which were served well in both cases, but I was especially pleased with the eye-appeal of his work. I would have been satisfied with something that worked well at the expense of looks, but both sheaths add significantly to the appearance of their knives and make the package more attractive--and, I'm sure, more valuable--at least as much value added as his price per sheath.
I believe Gary is specializing exclusively in folder sheaths at this time, so if you have a folder that needs a new home, don't fail to take a look at what he has to offer. He'll make sure you "get off on the right foot".

[This message has been edited by WILL YORK (edited 03-03-2000).]

Gary makes a very nice sheath. He visited me once, to pick up a knife he ordered, and, brought over a nice Bowie with a tooled, black leather sheath-a nive piece of work.
We went out to the shop, and came back later-no sheath! My Labrador had decided that sheath was a lot nicer than her rawhide chew toy! Gary was very gracious, and we aorked out a trade of some rayskin to defray the cost of him making himself another sheath, and, fortunately, we joke about it now.

Gary's a good guy!

RJ Martin

WILL YORK,
You are absolutely right about Gary. He does fantastic work and makes sure that everyone is happy. I've got several things from him. Makes a mean knife too, though not frequently.

RJ,
It's funny I've heard that story before from Gary. Except he told me how gracious you were about it. Not much is safe from the pointy, little teeth of lab puppies!

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

Gary has made numerous sheaths of different styles for my folders, and they are of the highest quality, and some of the best looking sheaths I have seen. He always tries to make them like you want to carry them, and the style you want. He also offers very good suggestions if you are not sure what you want.His prices are very fair for the quality of workmanship, and material.
I am proud to have him as a maker of my sheaths, and recommend him highly for getting a specific style of leather sheath for your folder.
I do not work for, or am I related to Gary in any way, just admire his work.

Larry

I have a G2 sheath for my Swisstool that Gary did for me and it perfectly complements the tool and is very classy. I get complements on it from almost all who notice it, even sheeple! I plan more business with Gary in the future and reccomend his work highly.
Besides, he's a hawkbill/wharncliffe fan too, so that shows how cool he is all by itself!!

------------------
Buck Collectors Club Member
Knifeknut(just ask my wife)
Cetan Blood Brother
Military & Moran Admiration Society

RJ--Funny about that sheath turned chew-toy story. Gary happened to mention that one to me, too. Seems to have made quite an impression. Seriously, though, just as above-related, his comments were an aside to his respect for your mastery of his favorite edge grind: the chisel.

Gary has made two for me and I purchased a third from someone else. They are the highest quality I have handled and he is good about making that special shieth just the way you want it.

[This message has been edited by Bo (edited 03-03-2000).]

Thanks Will, and all those kind words on my work. I appreciate your patience and enjoy making things that you can use to show off your favorite gems.

RJ's puppy, big puppy!, is named Sugar and that was quite a night, as Will mentioned it left an impression on me that will last. I felt lucky that RJ would take the time, late at night for a stop over at his house, as he is quite a busy man, but as I was in the area and my knife was ready to pick up I made the trip down to his house and he gave me a little more than the nickel tour. Very active fellow and makes a wickedly sharp knife! He showed me the coldest place on earth, right there in his shop, where he does the cryo quench, it was soooo erie looking at that, gave me the chills, no pun intended! But as he mentioned when we came back to the house, there on the table lay my Chisel edged Tanto, but no sheath! RJ groaned and started searching the house and found his Pup in another room, having some fun.

Any time you can pick up an RJ Martin knife, do so, you won't be dissapointed!

Again, thanks Will and company!
G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

Gary and Kenny Rowe make the finest leather sheaths ive ever seen.

------------------
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty"
Thomas Jefferson

http://www.lameyknives.com

Gary and Kenny Rowe make the finest leather sheaths ive ever seen.
Matt. www.lameyknives.com

------------------
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty"
Thomas Jefferson

http://www.lameyknives.com

Back