Gary Rodewald Damascus Hunter

Here's a new one I'm really excited about. Made by Gary Rodewald. 6 1/2 inch forged Damascus blade (6inch cutting edge), silver guard, SS pins and walrus ivory handle.

The fit and finish on this is amazing. I do not know much of Mr. Rodewald but have seen a few excellent comments. He makes a good knife! If anyone has contact info for him I'd really appreciate it.

Isn't silver beautiful? It's strange to me that it is so rarely put on knives. Of course, it's not the right material for a value-priced user, but even on top end knives, it's rarely used. As far as I know it's the whitest metal, but I don't know how it compares to alloys such as stainless.

For me, both stylewise and size are ideal for a knife I'd carry in the woods.

This is a very nice, high quality and simplistically elegant ABS hunter. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
You did well.

A very elegant piece - congats! Silver was a terrific choice for the guard.

Roger

Thank you for all the kinds words. I'm really liking this knife!

Thanks Chuck for the info on Gary.

I've been interested in his knives this past year. I really like some of the ones that I have seen and I wanted to check out his table at the Blade show but I wasn't able to make it to Atlanta this past June. Thanks for posting.

Its always nice to have one of my knives recieve this kind of appreciation. Most of the knives i forge are on the mid to large size and this piece is a good representation of what I come with. I love the bowies as well. I'll be at the Montana show end of August with a nice sampling of my work. thanks again, feel free to call or write. Gary

Back