Gearing up, heading out.

tradewater

Geezerator
Kay and I are getting our shiznet together for six days on the Cumberland and Tennessee Rivers circumnavigating the Land between the Lakes. This is the largest inland peninsula in the US and has over 300 miles of shoreline. It'll be backwoods camping all the way around and not the kind of place you want to lose your knife. :D

I picked this sheath up when Hawk590 found a bunch of them and passed them along to the Beckerheads. Well, guess what..

P1030001.jpg

P1030002.jpg

..... fits like a charm?

P1030003.jpg

P1030004.jpg

Nice and secure strapped to the kayak deck and it will go on the belt around camp. Perfect.

We're putting our gear together and going over checklists and shooting for the 25th to hit the water. I will update this thread as we go.

Damn, that sounds like a fun trip, Trade. Have a good one and I will look forward to seeing how it goes! :thumbup:

Looks like a good secure sheath! I'm looking forward to seeing how that Growl holds up for you on your adventure :)

Here's the blades and tools that made the cut. That's a folding saw on bottom. If it were colder, I'd replace the BK4 with a short axe but the CSS and 4 will make short work of clearing camp sites.

P1030009.jpg

Getting the gear divided up and doing some test loading today. Here's Mrs. T's boat with her half the load. We're taking a tent as well as hammocks in case we find a nice beach to camp on.

P1030014.jpg

T-minus one and holding. Looks like a round of thunderstorms coming through Monday/Tuesday. :thumbdn:

yeah - we got 2" of rain last night, so it should hit you early Monday.

Well, at least it gives me some time to play around with some ideas. Found out my little Slik tripod will mount nicely using the deck bungees. Will try my hand at some video and maybe do some video reviews while on the trip. This could be incredibly boring. :D

Oh yeah, made a "Field expedient" wind filter that seems to work even.

IMG_5106.jpg

Looks like the weather will force us to push back the trip until after Blade Show. Oh well, I'll have more time to train on my Turkey drinking. :rolleyes:

what's that?
you don't want to paddle on water that's 10' above flood stage?
pansy.

Good looking set up you have there. I am digging the little drop point Hunter I picked up from James, but I still want a smaller version of that knife you have there.

Back