GEC #35 Churchill Thread

Oldie

A5SKAtT.jpg
Oldie and tiny. Am I right in thinking the Churchill main blade will be 2.75" or so?

Man, you guys really don't like my scan--haha! "Medium quality" referred to the knife above this one in the catalog. I wish GEC would hand forge their blades from the best steel!

Is Randy Bell a member here? He could answer many questions. He is part of a Facebook group(gasp!) I belong to.
Thanks, Neal

Would someone be so kind as to email me where the early reserve for this can be found? tinstarfirearms AT yahoo DOT com

Sure, I'll shoot you an email. Shouldn't take long to arrive once the knife ships as you're only about 2 1/2 hours from the online dealer that I'll recommend.

Email incoming.

I am eagerly awaiting the #35 Churchills. Really enjoying the no-half-stop knives lately. Single spring is so nice in the pocket but prone to blade rub. Hope they have a handle on that. I am down for a yellow rose and consider a second to have a user. I would wish they would offer more wood choices though. Although I like Gabon ebony, I already have a few and would be more excited about something else. Bull moose in osage orange is going to be interesting.

Would someone be so kind as to email me where the early reserve for this can be found? tinstarfirearms AT yahoo DOT com
You can reserve them at Collector Knives . I believe they are still a contributing member of the Forums and can be mentioned here .

Harry

I am sure all the other guys have helped you out. But if you don't get an early reserve, I would not fret on this one. There are are group of very good dealers that will have it, especially considering no SFOs on this run.

ix-nay on the where to buy. Please talk about the knives.
GEC has a list of dealers on their web site. There are not that many of them.
It is not a huge effort to determine which dealer has what.

It is literally killing me to wait for this one

Someone get this man to a hospital...

I'm kinda feelin' the Gabon Ebony. I like lined bolsters and that would sway me toward Northfiled, but he long pull on the Tidioutes is a decent consolation. This is my favorite blade configuration.

Reactions: HST
Someone get this man to a hospital...

I'm kinda feelin' the Gabon Ebony. I like lined bolsters and that would sway me toward Northfiled, but he long pull on the Tidioutes is a decent consolation. This is my favorite blade configuration.

Long pull on Churchill Tidioutes? Cool. :thumbsup::cool:

Reactions: HST
Back