GEC 39 Old Sheffield Jack

OzXtvH7.jpg

My spydie senses are tingling and I'd say these will be an instant classic. Hopefully they make a shitload so the price gouging isn't too bad. Anything run over 400 pieces seem to be selling for near retail afterwards. It's nice to finally see the market settling a bit.

Outstanding knife! Might have been even better with a clip blade, but shouldn't there be some major difference between forum knife and public release? They'll make a public knife with a clip blade, eventually. I guess... Funny thing is, more patterns - more joy, but also the more patterns they make the less appearances of each we would see.

Why camel bone paintjob always differs drastically?
IMG_6921-1.jpg
IMG_6919.jpg
Even that sloppy?..
IMG_6876.jpg
I also remember the blue 94's being almost white.

Outstanding knife! Might have been even better with a clip blade, but shouldn't there be some major difference between forum knife and public release? They'll make a public knife with a clip blade, eventually. I guess... Funny thing is, more patterns - more joy, but also the more patterns they make the less appearances of each we would see.

Why camel bone paintjob always differs drastically?
View attachment 2009882
View attachment 2009885
Even that sloppy?..
View attachment 2009887
I also remember the blue 94's being almost white.

It's what happens when dealing with natural materials. Different pieces of bone will take to the dye differently. 🤷

Agreed. I'm kinda all full up for the time being on GEC spearpoints!

Right? i dont know the exact count, but it seems so many knives were released in spear this year. the ratio had to be way more spears to clips.

It's what happens when dealing with natural materials. Different pieces of bone will take to the dye differently. 🤷
Yes, of course, but regular cattle bone they paint much more evenly, while camel bone is in a pretty wide range of outgoing variations.

Speaking with absolutely no knowledge on the issue - maybe the bone density (?) is a factor in the final color ?
Might be. I guess we need a knifemaker to explain this.

Back