GEC 98 Texas Cattle/Whittler

Yea, camp knife is on the list. As a Texan I feel duty bound to own things named after my state, or with a Texas outline, or a star lol.
FYI, GEC made approx. 200 of my Camp knives, 50 Whittlers and 50 Cattle knives. They also made some private labels in those patterns, and some for their own dealers!

A very capable beast. This one a regular production run in Kingwood.
KInxOkL.jpg

I love these big boys. Still missing a couple to the complete set.
I had a couple of duplicates which I put up for trade. They did not seem that popular. I still have one spare, have contemplated putting it to use next hunting season. The size should be ideal, though maybe too much for every day use.

VD82rVr.jpg

I love these big boys. Still missing a couple to the complete set.
I had a couple of duplicates which I put up for trade. They did not seem that popular. I still have one spare, have contemplated putting it to use next hunting season. The size should be ideal, though maybe too much for every day use.

VD82rVr.jpg
Nice collection!! That's a retirement fund right there!!:D

I greatly regret not grabbing one or two.

If I remember correctly, I was fresh off a knife show where I bought three custom knives, and a few production ones, and had an order for a 46Whaler coming.

I should have nabbed a red micarta whittler, and should have grabbed one of the camp knives when they were offered.

Now, even if the pattern is ever released again, I won't be quick enough to grab one.

Last edited:
It was discussion of Charlie's Texas camp knife that caused me to buy a Camillus Remington Bullet. I think Charlie's caplifter/can-opener is an improvement on the original Remington's arrangement. My Camillus has a bottle-opener/screwdriver of the usual type, so no can-opener, but what if I sharpened the wide part between the screwdriver and the opener lip? I'll try it on something cheap first.
5YHUpUV.jpg

:cool:

The remake Remington has left quite some time ago, the Camp Knife is here to stay for good!

nl449SK.jpg
Everything about this knife is awesome!, each Bade / Tool is superbly made, sharp and NOT to be messed with, an amazing achievement by both Charlie and Bill!

Back