GEC Cuban Cigar Patterns #53 & #54

Modoc ED

Gold Member
Who has them. The GEC #53 would include the Stockman, Cattle Baron, Muskrat, and
Furtaker which do not have half-stops. The GEC #54 would include the Whittler and Big Jake which do have half-stops.

GEC Northfield Harnes Jack Stag Cuban Cigar 542208
2yQ4L9o.jpg

bhNv55n.jpg

GEC Tidioute Stockman Chocolate Bone Cuban Cigar This one is from 2008 and came with a Cigar Band over the wrapper.
QjLYJA1.jpg

GE Northfield Whittler Orange Crush Perylic Cuban Cigar 541308W
dDJUWxy.jpg

Please keep this thread on topic with the GEC Cuban Cigar Pattern #53 & #54 only. Thanks.

ED, this was my gateway drug into GEC, as this burnt grizzly cut bone #54 Big Jack was my first ever GEC knife back in 2008. That big, pointy, sexy spear blade had me hooked!
4GbpmU5.jpg

A couple of #54 clip main harness jacks in bone and stag.
pAH1W7i.jpg

A few favorite #53 Cubans.

Genuine Stag
mfMXa3T.jpg

Bark Ram's Horn
9zy466B.jpg

Twilight Acrylic
XKSiLi8.jpg

Primitive Bone
NXHEoj5.jpg

Red Stag and 440C
uxOa6g2.jpg

I have a couple. I actually like the pattern, it is big, comfortable to use, and makes for a reassuring heft in the pocket.

#54 Big Jack in Desert Ironwood.

KSWeuxm.jpg

#53 Moose in Ebony.

Xi7WHm5.jpg

My first exposure to this pattern was when I picked up this #54. I moved it along to fund something else and I regret it to this day but it is what it is.

2IsT7P5.jpg

Jeff (Black Mamba) will blow this thread up with his tremendous collection! He has the most impressive lineup of these that I've seen!

That's what I was hoping for and you can see in his post following yours, he did.

Jeff (Black Mamba) will blow this thread up with his tremendous collection! He has the most impressive lineup of these that I've seen!

That's what I was hoping for and you can see in his post following yours, he did.

I know you guys both know this but we ain't seen nothin' yet. Jeff is being modest.

#53 Moose in Ebony.

My first exposure to this pattern was when I picked up this #54. I moved it along to fund something else and I regret it to this day but it is what it is.

2IsT7P5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I like that shield.

Great stuff, everyone! It's such a great pattern for showing beautiful covers because of its good size and rectangular shape. Monk, those are some beautiful Roses! I had a 4-blade Cattle Baron in jigged yellow rose from 2010 . . . sure wish I still did! Now the only one I have left is a proto Cuban Stockman from 2011.

O73AIxq.jpg

Burnt Stag Furtaker Trapper
LAQ9SlJ.jpg

Antique Amber Jigged Bone Furtaker Trapper in 440C
Z1uMZKe.jpg

Yellow Rose 53s
LiIxMGq.jpg
Al, this photo just pointed out something to me that I hadn’t noticed before! The Stockman has opposing slanted bolsters and the Furtaker Trapper has parallel slanted bolsters! A very nice touch in the design department! :cool::D

Monk, those are some beautiful Roses! I had a 4-blade Cattle Baron in jigged yellow rose from 2010 . . . sure wish I still did! Now the only one I have left is a proto Cuban Stockman from 2011.

O73AIxq.jpg
Thanks, Jeff! I remember that Yellow Rose Cattle Baron of yours. Welp, you got lots of other beauties... especially the Genuine Stag and Ram's Horn Cubans. Top shelf!

Back