GEC Harness Jack arrived!

Came early this morning...and boy is it swell! Fit and finish is the best I have ever had in a production knife. The bone scales look excellent, and both blades have a nice snap. I think I'll get more use out of the punch than a pen secondary on my other jack knives, truthfully.

Here are better pictures.

DSCN1141.jpg

DSCN1142.jpg

DSCN1146.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one, Vanguard41xx!

blazerman, It's slightly different in color than the 2011 forum knife.

IMG_6332.jpg

If I recall correctly the peach seed jigged bone was Charlie's design and was first used on a small factory order of GEC #66 stock knives (far right in the photo below).

IMG_6337_2.jpg

Thank you. It's one of the nicest Schatt & Morgan knives that I've owned. No gaps, great walk and talk, good edges, beautiful jigged bone. I think Charlie raises the bar on these small factory orders. The Napanoch punch on the #85 pattern that you got is my favorite so far.

Very impressive bone on your latest GEC. I like the Teardrop/Bullet End pattern a lot, a good size neither too bulky or light.

Regards, Will

Beautiful knife, congrats on an awesome purchase.
I love the look of these old Harness jack patterns, but I use all the knives I get and I have no real use for a harness jack.

The ones Charlie had made look fantastic, but I still can't find a good use for the punch.

I have just been admiring the knife but I tend to use it. The Napanoch punch is very stout and sharp and would probably work well for wood carving and piloting holes in wood (in addition to leather). I've let go a lot of nice knives (wish I could keep them all) but I don't think I could ever let this one go. For me this knife is a "must have" because of the semi custom manufacturing of the punch and the thought that went into every detail of its design, including the generously sized main blade, peach seed jigged bone and choice of traditional shield.

Great pics. The main blade on this pattern looks a little bit broader than on others. How does the Harness Jack feel in the pockets. Is it bulky, because of the mainblade?

Seems to be really a great knife. I don´t have many knives with penblade as a mainblade (mostly I have clipblades). But now I´m interessted.

Kind regards
Andi

Great pics. The main blade on this pattern looks a little bit broader than on others. How does the Harness Jack feel in the pockets. Is it bulky, because of the mainblade?

Seems to be really a great knife. I don´t have many knives with penblade as a mainblade (mostly I have clipblades). But now I´m interessted.

Kind regards
Andi

I carried it all today and It is not bulky. You will notice it, though.

Thank you Vanguard! Good info for me. :)

Now I have to actualize my shopping-list

Kind regards
Andi

I too love that smell of good ol' 1095.
Thanks for the pics, they really add to the beautiful charm of a new knife purchase.

Jake, you have a good point about the punch, maybe I'll pick one up. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing. That is a great looking HJ! Just such a classic, evocative design. Can't help but smile, and think "Old Tyme-ie" thoughts!

Hi Vanguard -

Nice!

My RHK is in Ebony, but Charlie really knows how to spec out a traditional. You just cannot go wrong with a Waynorth knife!

Here is a pic of my three GEC Jacks -

DSC_3691.JPG

best

mqqn

Back