1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

GEC Huckleberry Boy's Knife

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Kalsu, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Kalsu

Kalsu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    I just saw this knife pattern posted up for "Early Bird Guarantee" sale on a dealers website. What a nice looking knife! I cant help but thinking about how perfect it would be for a kids first knife. The long pull should make it easy to open and it is a good size. My seven year old son would be in heaven. He all ready has a Case peanut that I gave him that he is crazy about. I think the GEC would be easier for him to use though. Heck I would like to have one. I really like the design of this one.

2. TLARbb

TLARbb

Jan 24, 2010
    It looks pretty nice; I ordered one myself. I think it might be similar in size to a custom knife that Keith Johnson built for me.

Ed J

3. dalee100

dalee100

Mar 15, 2008
    Hi,

I confess to ordering one too with ebony scales. It just looks so right. Now I just need to get Waynorth to explain why I need it to my Wife!!!:D

Dale

4. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    I'm kind of curious how big it is. One thing says 3" and another says 3.5". Otherwise, I like the design. It looks very pocketable as well as useful.

5. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    It is most definitely 3 1/2"!!

6. Kalsu

Oct 26, 2010
    If it is 3.5" I will for sure be getting one for my self also.

7. Finedges

Finedges Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I'm loving the looks of the rust red jigged bone,

8. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Yes, it's an eye-catcher for sure!

[​IMG]

~ P.

9. Knife Crazied

Knife Crazied

Apr 17, 2009
    That's pretty nice looking. Charlie at his best.

10. jakemex

jakemex

Oct 19, 2011
    There is a little bit of boy in all of us, that are men that is. So naturally one shouldn't have to explain too much... Right?

11. Kalsu

Oct 26, 2010
    The ebony is the one that originally caught my eye, but that rust red jigged bone is really nice looking to.

12. Kalsu

Oct 26, 2010
    100% agree.

13. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    That Fantastic Red Huckle is all GEC - wasn't me!! I am gonna get me one for sure!!

14. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great-looking knife. Probably be available here in about another year!

15. TLARbb

TLARbb

Jan 24, 2010
    I ordered the Nifebright acrylic. I've been intrigued by it since they started using it on the Hay'n Helper. It seems right on a knife named the "Boy's Knife". I figure it will be here Tuesday of next week.

Ed J

16. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    If it wasn't the holiday, and I wasn't already tapped out, I think I'd have to go with the two blade model in Nitebright. Or Ebony. I figure by the time I have the funds again, I'll make up my mind.

17. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I'm carrying my #66 today and it dawned on me that a GEC 3.5 was the perfect EDC size for my hand and pocket. So of course I had to order a Huck in ebony :D

18. hunterjrg

hunterjrg

Feb 4, 2012
    I wouldn't mind that jigged bone just gotta figure out how to order one. Still a little new to all this.

19. Kalsu

Oct 26, 2010
    Sent you an email.

20. hunterjrg

hunterjrg

Feb 4, 2012
    So I go to order the boys knife(thanks to the members here for directing me there) and I ended up ordering something else but every time I scroll past that jigged bone pic I think uh oh did I make a mistake?!! It looks like such a nice knife.