GEC Huckleberry Boy's Knife

Kalsu

Gold Member
I just saw this knife pattern posted up for "Early Bird Guarantee" sale on a dealers website. What a nice looking knife! I cant help but thinking about how perfect it would be for a kids first knife. The long pull should make it easy to open and it is a good size. My seven year old son would be in heaven. He all ready has a Case peanut that I gave him that he is crazy about. I think the GEC would be easier for him to use though. Heck I would like to have one. I really like the design of this one.

It looks pretty nice; I ordered one myself. I think it might be similar in size to a custom knife that Keith Johnson built for me.

Ed J

Hi,

I confess to ordering one too with ebony scales. It just looks so right. Now I just need to get Waynorth to explain why I need it to my Wife!!!:D

Dale

I'm kind of curious how big it is. One thing says 3" and another says 3.5". Otherwise, I like the design. It looks very pocketable as well as useful.

If it is 3.5" I will for sure be getting one for my self also.

Yes, it's an eye-catcher for sure!

12-13-12-RUST.png

~ P.

There is a little bit of boy in all of us, that are men that is. So naturally one shouldn't have to explain too much... Right?

The ebony is the one that originally caught my eye, but that rust red jigged bone is really nice looking to.

That Fantastic Red Huckle is all GEC - wasn't me!! I am gonna get me one for sure!!

Great-looking knife. Probably be available here in about another year!

I ordered the Nifebright acrylic. I've been intrigued by it since they started using it on the Hay'n Helper. It seems right on a knife named the "Boy's Knife". I figure it will be here Tuesday of next week.

Ed J

If it wasn't the holiday, and I wasn't already tapped out, I think I'd have to go with the two blade model in Nitebright. Or Ebony. I figure by the time I have the funds again, I'll make up my mind.

I'm carrying my #66 today and it dawned on me that a GEC 3.5 was the perfect EDC size for my hand and pocket. So of course I had to order a Huck in ebony :D

I wouldn't mind that jigged bone just gotta figure out how to order one. Still a little new to all this.

So I go to order the boys knife(thanks to the members here for directing me there) and I ended up ordering something else but every time I scroll past that jigged bone pic I think uh oh did I make a mistake?!! It looks like such a nice knife.

Back