• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

GEC spring cleaning continues | #47, 33, 42, 68, 72, 73 | 6/12 ADDED #71 & #92

Status
Not open for further replies.

KP

CLOSED | REMAINING KNIVES RELISTED HERE

6/7 Update: Finally got a chance to take some new pictures outside in the sun. Some ended up with a fingerprint that in the process that will be wiped clean before shipping. Kept a couple close ups below. Old pics can be found in this album. Also added offer for free GEC or KSF sleeve with purchase of two or more knives.

These knives need to go. I'll give them until Sunday afternoon to sell and then I'll be willing to let these go for reasonable offers. The pictures are not very good so if you're on the fence because of the pictures, just let me know and I can get some better shots.

I will include one of the leather pocket knife sheaths below with your purchase of one or more of these knives. SLEEVES ARE GONE.

If you buy more than one, you can also reduce the total by $5 for each additional knife.

First unconditional post, PM or email stating you will take a knife, followed by prompt communication and payment, will get the item. If I don’t hear from you within two hours, or if you don’t pay within 24 hours or let me know when you will be able to make payment, I will let the next person claiming the knife take it. I reserve the right to refuse to sell this item to anyone at my discretion. Prices below include priority shipping with tracking and insurance, and PayPal fees. Money orders are also accepted. Shipping only to USA addresses. I will usually be able to ship within two days after I receive payment.

I’m not interested in any trades at this point unless you have a new or like new Tidioute #15 Boys Knife with the single spear blade and bare end/no end cap.

Here are some general disclosures on these knives:
All knives come with the tube. Lockbacks have some very slight vertical blade play that in my experience, does not affect use. Blades are 1095.

New knives have been carefully handled and in most cases, wiped with a microfiber cloth to remove smudges, although it is possible I missed some. Fit and finish is generally excellent. Some of the GEC knives received new from dealers come with very faint, very small scuffs and/or scratches on the blade and/or bolsters that should be able to be polished or buffed out if you were so inclined. When I felt any anomalies like this were noticeable on a particular knife, I tried to take a close up picture and note it below. In most instances, the close up exaggerates the anomaly and they are not as noticeable in person

Used knives may have been used for opening mail or packages or light food prep, and in a few instances, to make some light wood carving. If they were used with food, they were carefully cleaned, dried and treated with medical grade mineral oil. Some other knives may also have been treated with medical grade mineral oil. Most have been carefully stropped to touch up the edge. Because they have been carried and used to varying degrees, they will have some character in the form of small, light scuffs and/or scratches as indicated in the pictures and/or descriptions below. These knives may have only been carried or used a few times and show little to no signs of use. Some used knives will have a light patina from food prep that should be visible in the pictures below. I did not remove the patina but it should be easy to remove with your favorite polish or leave as is to help protect it against rust.

The pictures are not very good but in most cases, these knives are in great, excellent or like new condition. Let me know if you have any questions or would like additional pictures. If you buy a knife and for some reason feel that the description was not adequate, please just let me know and I’ll be happy to work with you to resolve the issue.

2. #33 Conductor, Clip/Pen, Ebony - $70 $65 – used - serialized #6; light pull around 5

8. #71 Sodbuster SFO with Green Canvas Micarta - $60 - Carried and used just a few times and polished off most of the patina and etching. This was Mike's first run with the proud pivot pin.

9. #92 Eureka Jack in ebony - $75 - Carried and used more than a few times but cleaned up very nicely.

-----------SOLD-------------
1. SOLD///#47 Viper, Wharncliff, Ebony - $70 $65 – used

SOLD///3. #42 Missouri Trader, Che Chen Rosewood - $75 – new - It is my understanding that this was part of a very limited run and only a few of these were made.

SOLD///4. #68 White Owl, Spear Point, Ebony - $55 – used - pull on main blade is fairly light, probably around 3-4

SOLD///5. #72 Cody Scout, Clip Point, Ebony - $65 – new (the one on the left)

SOLD///6. #72 Cody Scout, Clip Point, Ebony - $65 $60 – new (the one on the right)

7. SOLD///#73 Scout, Single Blade Trapper, Clip Point, Ebony - $65 $60 – used - there are a few spots on the blade shown in pic below that are smooth to the touch so it doesn't appear to be pitting, might have been just blade nicking the liner while opening and closing because the pull on this one is consistent with other 73s I've read about - very stout and I'd guess at least 7 and probably a solid 8. I left it partially open a couple days to see if I could weaken the backspring and it didn't changed it much.

Last edited:
Kris,

As per our PMs, I'll take: 3. #42 Missouri Trader, Che Chen Rosewood

PP sent.

Thanks,

Andrew

Email sent on #47.

Email from bladeforums has been a little spotty lately. I haven't received it yet so if you already tried, please try again to bkoregon(at)gmail.com.

Would you be willing to sell one of the GEC slips by itself? If, how much?

Thansk,
John

No, but I will go ahead and include one of these with the purchase of just one knife instead of two. I have one KSF sheath, two GEC sheaths and four knives left so get 'em while they last.

Paypal sent on the Viper, I'll take a GEC sheath. Tried to PM you back with details, but your mailbox is full.

6. #72 Cody Scout, Clip Point, Ebony - $65 $60 – new (the one on the right)

If this one is still available I'll take it. PM incoming

One GEC pocket sheath left to go with the 73 or 33. Or just take 'em both with the sheath for $110.

Added a couple more today - #71 Bullnose Sodbuster SFO in green canvas micarta and #92 Eureka Jack in ebony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back