GEC Wishlist

Sowbelly BUT what does it matter as any knife made by GEC from now on will be put on various dealer's reserve lists and very few of the people really wanting one will get one and be left in the dust with empty pockets. Just my .02¢

I would like to see a Zulu pattern (if it hasn't already been mentioned), in a GEC model as opposed to NW.

In 2012 GEC had a run of a 79 pattern, called the Montana Workhorse Whittler. Ruby Red jig bone please. Very practical and good looking pattern.

I really liked it at the time but for some reason didn't get it. I'd like another shot!

In 2012 GEC had a run of a 79 pattern, called the Montana Workhorse Whittler. Ruby Red jig bone please. Very practical and good looking pattern.

I really liked it at the time but for some reason didn't get it. I'd like another shot!

This one?

2wEWNwG.jpg

SwoWB23.jpg

33 conductors
92 barehead eureka in spear or clip (all steel)
68 owls in clip
66 pen set up as a 93ot with a sheepsfoot behind a California clip. Perfect frame for it.

Please please please another run or 61/62 knives.....we are in desperate need of more courthouse whittler's in the world!!!

A regular run Norfolk would make me happy as well.

I like most of the patterns from an aesthetics standpoint, so whatever, the smallest that would be practical with the following:

Cap lifter, spear, and wharncliffe. I'd like in in 'Taphouse acrylic', I picture a golden version of coffeehouse acrylic.

It will be called the "Three finger whittler".... ;-)

Well if they can do the 97 coke bottle, I dont see it being to much of a stretch for a 5" daddy barlow. Or even at the 97's 4.6" would be ok. Flat ground clip with a long pull and nice swedge.
A GEC Allegheny Barlow #97 4 3/4" closed would be pretty cool. I would love a big Allegheny #97 4 3/4"closed swing guard lock-back knife too. Remember smaller knives are easier to sell. I like my knives bigger because I have one arm and I stick the knife in between my knees while opening. GEC knives are smooth for me to open. I am thankful when I score these difficult to obtain knives.

Last edited:
Another run of 81 stockman. Be nice with the secondary shapes of the last 82 run.

A 48 with a single wharncliff blade.

A 48 with a clip and small wharncliff secondary.

A smaller square end stockman, like the 66 size.
A GEC#48 with a single Wharncliffe blade would be killer. I want to see some Dark blue jigged bone , smooth dark oily creek bone , burnt sienea jigged bone , sapphire blue acrylic , turquoise/black acrylic , & zebra-wood .

A GEC#48 with a single Wharncliffe blade would be killer. I want to see some Dark blue jigged bone , smooth dark oily creek bone , burnt sienea jigged bone , sapphire blue acrylic , turquoise/black acrylic , & zebra-wood .

Not bad thinking. Or a 48 jack with a spey or drop point main and coping secondary.

Back