Gents folder in Pearl (and the Elephant Ivory one too)

Here is the second gents folder of the pair.

In pearl :)

pearlwlock.jpg

Maybe you remember the elephant bark ivory one.

elephwlock.jpg

Specs are about the same on both:

- Wharncliff ATS-34 Blade Satin Handrubbed Finish
- 6 1/2 inches open, 3 3/4 inches closed
- Handles dovetailed into bolsters
- Satin finish on Stainless Steel bolsters
- Locking liner style folder
- Anodized Liners
- Vine filework on spline.
- Thumb-bob has inlay

Differences are blue anodized liner on pearl and bronze liner on ivory. Thumb-bob inlay is oosic on ivory and water buffalo on pearl.

Tell me what you think! :D

There are more pictures of these and my other knives on my web site.

Thanks

Great looking knives there. Always thought the wharncliff was the best blade style for gent's folders so maybe I'm biased ;)

Andrew Limsk

Keith,

Don't know what happened, pictures are here. If not try going to my web site at the link by my name. If that don't work email me and I will send you pictures if you want.

Thank

Yesterday I took delivery of the ivory piece.

It's extremely well built. Lockup is very tight, there is no blade play at all, finish is very nice and the filework is absolutely awesome! Just what I'd expect from a maker with so many years of exper- wait a minute... what's that you say? Tony's been doing this for how long??? ;)

Wow.

This knife is a wedding present for one of my old college roommates. He lives on a lake in Maine, loves to fish, and runs a restaurant too. I'm sure he'll be very happy with it.

Thanks Tony! :)

Occasionally, a missing memory has its good points. I'd viewed these knives before, and am pretty sure stored a copy of the pics. But, just seeing them now was like the first time. The pearl model looks fantastic!

Oh no! :eek: WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?????

I can't believe how stupid I am.

Last night I got silly with the dremel and carved the ivory. I don't know what I was thinking. I've never really carved anything before, let alone elephant ivory. I think I was able to cover up most of my horrible mistakes and I suppose I learned a thing or two :eek: but I really shouldn't allow myself do stupid things like that anymore. Oh well... I'll try to post pics of the freshly massacred knife when I get a chance. :( silly me

OK - finally got around to getting that picture up... here's the knife with my humble (regretful) mods...

huffman_mod.jpg

Very nice knives! Wulf- it doesn't look like you need to apologize for your carving. Looks well-executed and a classy design. Good job!:)

Back