Gent's Knife Thread

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by thawk, Aug 17, 2008.

1. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Nice find. Does anyone know what the current market value is for one of the 14k knives?

TonySal likes this.
  2. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    This MOP oldie had lots of ugly staining when I bought it but after some TLC today it shines once again. Unfortunately my new mirror-polish shows as black when scanned but I'm happy with the knife's new appearance even if my pics are less than stellar. Mine is now "crocus polished" on both sides and the file tip is a mirror too.

The F7426 as listed in the 1926 catalog on page 34 has a spear blade and a sharp nail-file blade. The tip is not dull like on later files. The knife has half-stops, MOP handles, nickle-silver pins and brass liners.
    [​IMG]

Before pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    image.jpeg image.jpeg These are a Japanese lobster with Sterling scales and a 14kt Classic SAK with a 14kt chain.

TonySal and glennbad like this.
  4. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    Hi-res scans of another 2-1/4" shadow lobster. This time a Scissors Knife. The S8606 Shac from 1936 supplement.

Shown beside its bigger brother the 877, some handy pearlescent friends and the huge Schrade I*XL Texas Stock Knife.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Codger_64 and TonySal like this.
  5. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    I recently added two more 2-1/4" Schrade Cut. Co. pearl lobsters to my collection. I just had to take some pics of them all together. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited to add a comparison pic of the liners. All the pearl knives have milled nickel silver liners except for the knife with five visible pins. It's the one with no liners at all.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    JustinR, glennbad and Codger_64 like this.
  6. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    I staged them for a pic of the pile side. I flipped the whole group like a pancake so the knives are in the same relative positions.
    [​IMG]

TonySal, JustinR, Codger_64 and 3 others like this.