gerber hatchets?

any experience with them? send in pics please

Aahhh...

They are affordable, sturdy axes. I have a Sport Axe. Works well and good price. Like BT said, Fiskars owns Gerber and the Fiskars labeled axes (same thing from what I can tell) are generally more expensive when found in the home improvement stores. Albeit, no cloth sheath.

Very good value for the money.

Last edited:
I have two of them, one Back Pax , the short handled version, and the 24" handled one. if you are looking for a chopper, avoid the small backpacking axe, its really just for splitting and hammering, but its great to carry in the back country. the 24" one is better at chopping as being relitive to the price, but is a serious splitter.

I have been using and abusing my two for over a year now camping and hunting and they have held up very well, i have no complaints. the only thing you may notice is that some of the edges may chip where the plastic head faces forward against the steel blade. and thats not anything that will affect the axe.

The Fiskars ones will be less expensive as they usually dont come with the high quality nylon sheath that has the belt loop carry feature. with fiskars you may have to find a sheath. The Gerbers then are a little more but they come with the awesome , tough sheaths to make carrying safer and easier.

--- Eric

I like my fiskars but cannot find a sheath for it, will have to make one someday. Loosearrow

Back