• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

German Eye, Bulldog (Sale Closed)

AFAustin

Gold Member
All knives now SOLD or WITHDRAWN. Sale over. Thanks to all.

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please note
:
All of these knives have been sharpened and used, and have some minor blade scratching, rub marks, etc. The carbon knives all have varying degrees of patina. I take good care of my knives and generally use them lightly, but these are used knives. Thanks.

100_3900.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) GEC Northfield #25 (#253109EO) Easy Open Jack Sheepsfoot in Blood Red Bone.

This knife is numbered #2 of 50. Beautiful deep red bone on this one. I bought this new, sharpened it a bit, and used it once or twice, that's it.

Includes tube and COA. $58.00 SOLD

100_4157.jpg

100_4163.jpg

2) GEC Northfield #25 (#252109EO) Easy Open Jack Spear Point in Burnt Stag.

The tube on this one has the number "4" added in two places. I am not the original owner of this knife, and don't know what that signifies (maybe a GEC veteran can fill me in?). I don't believe this is a numbered knife, because I can't see a number etched onto the bolster, and there is no paperwork in the tube.

After I first got this nice little knife, I wrote a bit on it here:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/941107-GEC-25-quot-EZ-Slicer-quot

I rounded the tangs on this knife, and it is now more comfortable in the pocket without the sharp tangs it came with.

Includes tube. WITHDRAWN

100_4148.jpg

100_4153.jpg

3) GEC Northfield #66 (#661210) Serpentine Jack in Rotten Banana Bone.

This knife is numbered #21 of 25. It has lined, slanted, and pinched bolsters, and the rotten banana bone is a knockout, IMHO. I saw a photo here of a similar knife and decided I had to try and get one. It was quite a search, and ended with a kind dealer looking in his home for one he thought he might have stashed away. He found it and the deal was done.

No half stops on this one, and the snap on closing is fairly mild, if that matters to you.

Includes tube and COA. $93.00 SOLD

100_41662.jpg

100_4176.jpg

4) GEC Northfield #72 (#721112) Mini Lockback Hunter in Plum Jig Bone.

I bought this new, sharpened it, and rounded the sharp tang a bit. I used it once or twice and that's it. The plum bone and threaded bolsters are very nice on this one. This knife is not numbered.

Includes tube. $72.00 $67.00 SOLD

100_4181.jpg

100_4183.jpg

) German Eye Half-Congress Jigged Black Bone. Cool and small (2 5/8"). The square bolsters look and feel great on such a small knife. As the pic shows, the nail nick runs right to the top edge of the main blade, but is intact. Originally, the hump was too pronounced for my tastes, especially when closed, so I ground it down, stopping just where the nail nick ends.

Includes box. WITHDRAWN

100_4216.jpg

100_4219.jpg

6) Case Peanut Dark Red Bone CV. When I acquired this classic, I didn't like the "hump" on the master, so I ground it down. Here's the original story of that:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ot-(Pics-Added) I like it much better this way, but traditionalists may not.

Includes box. $31.00 SOLD

100_4205.jpg

100_4210.jpg

7) Bulldog Barlow in Tan Jigged Bone.
Blade is not perfectly centered but doesn't rub against liners. Very slight gap on one side between liners and scales. Nice moderate pull and can be pinched open. Comfortable size at 3.5" closed, and Bulldog's carbon steel takes a good edge.

Includes box. WITHDRAWN

100_4188.jpg

100_4199.jpg

8) Boker Magnum Padre Jr. in Rosewood. 440 stainless. Made in China. I originally thought this one was 3 1/2" closed, but on re-checking it, it is closer to 3 5/8" closed. Excellent blade-to-handle ratio on this one. Stainless bolsters. Locks up tight.

I made a couple of improvements to this knife, as described here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/947688-Boker-Magnum-Padre-Jr-A-Cheap-(and-Fun!)-Date.

Includes box. $13.00 Buy both Bokers for $20.00! SOLD on another forum.

100_4247.jpg

100_4239.jpg

9) Boker Plus Lockback in Yellow Composite.
440C stainless. Made in China. 3 3/4" closed. The blade takes a surprisingly good edge, although I oversharpened a bit toward the choil and gave it a small "recurve". Brass liners and pins and nickel silver bolsters. Locks up tight.

Includes box. $12.00 Buy both Bokers for $20.00! SOLD on another forum.

100_4225.jpg

100_4230.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prices (for U.S. sales) include shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ Delivery Confirmation. PayPal or m.o. only. I’ll cover the PayPal fees, so please list it as a sale of goods, not a gift. (If you want insurance, let me know and I will figure your cost. Otherwise, I will not be responsible for items lost or damaged in the mail.)

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment.

I may also list these knives on other forums.

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

International Sales Policies:

1) I fill out the Customs forms accurately, and so I will list this as a sale/commercial transaction, not as a gift.

2) You assume responsibility for any mishaps with Customs or shipping.

3) We will agree on the manner and additional cost of shipping before finalizing the deal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks,

Andrew

Last edited:
I'll take the Blood Red Sheep's foot 25 please. PM to follow.

1) GEC Northfield #25 (#253109EO) Easy Open Jack Sheepsfoot in Blood Red Bone is SPF to CB-R.

PP info. sent.

Andrew

1) GEC Northfield #25 (#253109EO) Easy Open Jack Sheepsfoot in Blood Red Bone is now SOLD to CB-R.

PP received. Thanks, Cody. I'll get this in the mail to you tomorrow AM.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I will take the Rotten Bone.
Paypal later tonight after I've returned from dinner.

All the best, Will

Will, sounds good. 3) GEC Northfield #66 (#661210) Serpentine Jack in Rotten Banana Bone is SPF.

Thanks,

Andrew

offer sent on 4) GEC Northfield #72 (#721112) Mini Lockback

thanks for your reply

buzz

3) GEC Northfield #66 (#661210) Serpentine Jack in Rotten Banana Bone is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Will. I will get this knife to the P.O. tomorrow.

Andrew

Back