Gettin' me a Hunter!

After staring at that stupid, sexy Hunter in the For Sale area for a couple of days, I decided to break down and pick it up! I've received a few of Andy's blades second-hand, but this is the first coming straight from the horse's ass... wait, what? :p

finsale100_0849-vi.jpg

Anyway, I wanna see some user pics! Who else has a Hunter that's gotten some dirt time? Spooky loves dirty blades. And dirty women. Bonus points if your pics include both...

You can see some in-use shots of my prototype Hunter here, making the "heartiest" split stick deadfall ever. Trust me when I say that you wil not be disappointed with your purchase.

That was a great review man, good pics and good choices in chores to test the blade. Looks like a handy knife and the handle looks right up my alley! Excited to play with this one!!

Believe this one is osage over walnut! I love walnut. Normally not head-over-heels for osage, but it works really well on this particular blade. Obviously, many pics and a large review will go down when I get it.

right on Spooky... nice score man...:thumbup: i really like the looks of those hunters...

What? Spooky got a Hunter in the mail?!? Holy crap!
:D

This is a really, truly beautiful blade. Andy's fit & finish are simply top notch. Scales and contours are perfectly even, as are the grind lines. The edge is extremely sharp and well polished, shaves with complete ease. It handles quite lightly in use. The handle proportions are great, but maybe a little less thick than my big paws prefer (checkin' with Andy about getting another). The wood on this thing is just gorgeous.

Oh, I've always loved and appreciated how Andy packs up his blades. It's like opening a Christmas present! So cool.

Pics...

Fiddleback026.jpg

Fiddleback029.jpg

Fiddleback030.jpg

Fiddleback031.jpg

Fiddleback033.jpg

Fiddleback034.jpg

I will be building a replacement Hunter for Will, who has big ass paws, and was the actual user I designed this knife for. This is actually my second warranty action this week.

If you guys haven't seen it, I put a written warranty in the My Line thread. Satisfaction is guaranteed.

Actually, I asked Will to let me know if the thickness on this one wasn't perfect for him because I knew of his big hands. I'll make him a replacement and ship her out after I return from VEGAS. (Which, BTW, has been a blast so far. Show starts tomorrow!)

Cool ass!

Thanks a bunch Andy! You've got absolutely perfect 'customer service', though the term doesn't do it justice. It almost hurts to part with this one, it's so pretty! But I'm really excited for the chubby sister to come along :D

Oh, as an addendum- I have handled a lot of good blades that have been too small for my mitts, but perfect for the vast majority of users. It's entirely personal preference, but I can definitely tell that the current Hunter design would be an excellent fit for those with medium sized hands or larger. It was right on the brink for me, which is darn impressive for my snobby paws!

Or put another way, it's far from a design problem! What's great about Andy (and part of what makes him a professional) is how happy he is to work with you to make things perfect.

Back