• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Getting A Grip?

Howdy all. I was wondering if anyone has a method for making G-10 grippier. I purchased a Gerber SLG not too long ago. It's a great little knife, but the handle is just a tad too slippery for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dark

------------------
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for."
"First you get the sugar, then you get the power. And then, you get the women."
"Will act for food."

Well, there can be two things I can think of sandpaper or a bead blaster. If your not to concerened on how the knife really looks, take some coarse grit paper and rough up the scales. You could also remove the scales and have them beadblasted any machine shop I would think wouldn't have a problem doing this for you; or you could take a dremmmel tool and stipple the surface of the scales, doesn't end up looking too bad. Just remembered that one.
smile.gif

good luck
Robert

Back