Getting a horizontal kydex sob sheath for my Rekat Carnivore is like pulling teeth.

Professor

Gold Member
I wear a suit and tie daily. I travel everyday into desolate, remote locations surrounding one of the most deadliest cities in the country. A kydex small-of-back, horizontal-mounted sheath for my Rekat Carnivore is just what the doctor ordered. I'm making do with a Nealy Aikuchi II right now, but damn it I want to carry the Carnivore like I want to carry it. Short of getting the kydex and attempting to make it myself, who can make this for me expediently and even better, without me having to send the knife out (certainly not a must)? I've emailed Pat Crawford, and Wes responded by saying that they couldn't supply me with such a sheath. I've emailed Edge Works at least six times over the last four months concerning other sheaths as well as this one; I've gotten no response at all. Bob Taylor explained that they are not making one due to lack of demand. What's a poor boy to do? Actually, I have the money to pay for this, and it seems to me that's all it should really take. What's the deal? Please forgive my frustration, but I have a legitimate request here don't I? Suggestions from you my fellow forumites would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
Professor

Ever notice no other candy tastes quite like Pez? Oh yeah, the BM Mini-Axis and the Rekat Carnivour are the best production folders yet (IMHO, of course)!!

Call James Piorek at Bladerigger. He should be able to solve your problem. (406)844-2620

------------------
Attila

[This message has been edited by Attila (edited 02 September 1999).]

I can highly recommend Mike Sastre of River City Sheaths (videosas@aol.com). You may have to send him your Carnivore if he doesn't have one himself but his turn-around time is very good.

I've brought a couple of his folder sheaths & had him make up custom IWB sheaths for a Bauchup UtiliCat & an AG Russell Sting. Fit, finish, functionality & overall workmanship are all top notch. He's also the gent who made the BF Native neck sheaths so there should be plenty of folks around who will second my high opinion of his craftsmanship.

------------------
Cheers,

--+Brian+--

Professor, Bob Dozier can make you a sheath but you'll have to send the knife. Custom fitting of the sheath to the knife is very important with Kydex especially if it is going to be horizontal carry. You don't want to chance loosing your knife. Forum member Chiro75 can probably do it for you also but I've never see his work first hand. I've got several Doziers with his Kydex sheaths and they are first rate. I've also got a Dozier sheath for a Spydie Moran that is really sweet. I highly recommend him.

phantom4

------------------
who dares, wins

Professor,

You don't have an email listed, so I'll respond here instead of in private - I've got a Carnivour and can make you a sheath. Email me at VideoSAS@aol.com or phone at (513) 868-9680.

Mike

Professor, go with Mike Sastre. I have one of his Moran sheaths, and it's awesome. Period.

------------------
Work hard, play hard, live long.
Outlaw_Dogboy

You guys are great; you've restored my faith in people looking out for one another around the web. I'm emailing Mike immediately. Chiro75 made me some great sheaths before, but I remember seeing in a post a few days ago that he's laying off for a while; we all get busy and I can certainly understand that. Thanks again to each and everyone of you.

------------------
Professor

Ever notice no other candy tastes quite like Pez? Oh yeah, the BM Mini-Axis and the Rekat Carnivour are the best production folders yet (IMHO, of course)!!

Ditto on Mike Sastre, and you don't have to send your Carnivoure.

------------------
"To grow older is inevitable.To grow UP is optional."

Back