getting a virus warning as I log in to BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blew through Panda when? How long ago?

Some time on Saturday if I recall right. I don't know when. I came up and there were supposed Windows error messages everywhere. The trojan renamed the shortcut items, blocked access to task mgr, etc. I looked it up based on one the error messages claiming there were bad clusters and the missing Windows "Start" items.

I was using the free Panda Cloud software to try and save money. In hindsight, I wound up paying through the nose. Trend has their Maximum Security product on sale for $48-67 depending on the options you select -- it's on their website www.trendmicro.com. I wish I had been running it.

My wife's PC was hacked last Sunday from a different website and that time a ton of trojans, six if I recall right, were loaded into her PC.

What a pain.

I find it kind of odd a guy was banned for trolling the other day and a short time later all this went down. :mad:

for firefox users go to Tool/options/security and uncheck the box that says block reported attack sites

that will get you back to normal untill the site owner straitens out things with google
in a couple of days go back and recheck the box.

Tried this at home at about 6:10. Instead of the attack site warning Firefox "locked up" trying to log into BF. Reboot, try again, same thing. Reboot, return setting to report attack sites and still locked up trying to log in, then I had to leave for work.

At work running Windows 7 emulating XP, using Firefox, and got in with no problem just a few minutes ago.

The problem I was experiencing is cleared up this morning. Firefox and Google do not appear to be flagging this anymore.

Looks like it was cleared up while Flymon was on his drive to work.

Maybe that was it - he has to be at WORK for this site to work. NEVER LEAVE FLYMON!!! ;)

TF

Firefox wouldn't let me see BF until I turned off the "block reported attack sites" option. No problems after that. I'm running Kaspersky internet security, and I haven't heard a peep out of it.

Hope y'all get this licked soon! A lingering death to those who wouldst screweth with Blade Forums!

Well FireFox would just lock up on my this morning any time I tried logging on to BFC. Right now I am doing abit of system matainence including uninstalling FireFox and doing a fresh install of it. In the mean time people that are upset by poor spelling will have to deal with my dysexia:p

I'm albe to get on blaedfroums jsut fine now. I don't thnik it affetced my comptuer at all.

Because I had to rebuild my PC thanks to the bastards who gave us this headache, I am running the very latest version of Firefox. It came up with the warning about the site and I told it to Ignore the warning and go there (here). It's been easy to access ever since.

BTW, I am so fed up with the virus/trojan/malware guys that I would be very hesitant to turn off all protection. I think, if I understood it right, all I did was essentially tell Firefox that BF is a valid site I want to visit regardless of what the blocking service they use reports.

I'm albe to get on blaedfroums jsut fine now. I don't thnik it affetced my comptuer at all.
Same here, the thing is whatever happened would not effect your computer .
My concern is what might happen to the forum - SOMEONE GOT IN WHERE THEY SHOULDN'T BE .

309iur4.jpg

All is good here now too, actually seems to be running faster than it was before all this happened:thumbup:

No problems for me now either. I'm figuring Spark's request to Google to look again at the automated scanners after taking down the ads worked. I requested arbitration from Stopbadware after the ads were removed but it seems “due process” is still in process. It's a handy Blacklist repository for those that don't have access to the Google webmaster tools. Know.

Pages are loading like molassas for me now since the site came back up. Only this site.

I logged in with no problems or warnings today. The one concern is that people here are still reporting problems, and if I didn't get a warning today, maybe it passed through my security. I'll will delete all browsing traces and run scans afterwards.

Yeah looks like it's cleared up, which leads me to believe that the problem was indeed with the ad server, one of the reasons we run separate ad, web, email and database servers for BladeForums.com.

No warnings on my end this morning. (Firefox) I don't run real-time AV (but do use Sandboxie to browse in a virtual environment).

I did three different on-demand scans since last night (with three different apps) and all came up clean.

No flags from my Chrome, which is the first time in a few days. Seems to be running fine for me.

For the first time this morning (as of a few minutes ago), I'm no longer getting any flags about BF being an 'attack site' (Win7-64bit and Firefox 8.0). Looks like maybe we're 'off the list' now. :thumbup:

Much Thanks, to Spark, Blues and everyone else working to figure this out.

Well, I rolled out of the rack about 45-minutes ago, made coffee, and brought up Blade Forums about 30-minutes ago. Here I am again -- no problems. As usual I'm only running IE 8 and run plain ole Norton Anti-Virus with Antispyware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back