Getting "Improved" Models of Knives

Jedi Knife

Banned
I have heard of companies improving designs of knives like Kershaw's Random Task- now the question is: How do I make sure I don't get stuck with the older model when I order one? Let's face it, a lot of sellers just don't keep up with knives like a lot of us. I would guess that a dealer is pretty much stuck with whatever model he happens to have, so odds are he's looking to sell whichever one that may be. Input? Thanks again.

JK

I bought a couple of older Random Tasks a while ago. They were excellent, but I mentioned to Doug Flagg via e-mail that I would like some improvements on the washers and the thumbstud. Lucky enough for me, they had been contemplating on these improvements after all. He offered me to upgrade my knives, so I sent them in. He didn't upgrade my knives, he swapped them with new ones. Thanks Doug!!

Reynaert

PS. I think Doug will answer your e-mail personally if you e-mail Kershaw. He's working hard to improve their products (and customers satisfaction). Kudos!

I hadn't thought of that possibility, Frantium. That's reassuring, however then you take a chance on it getting "lost" in transit. Customer service tells a lot about a company, doesn't it? Way to go Kershaw!

JK

How do I make sure I don't get stuck with the older model when I order one?

Jedi Knife -- visit the BF at least thrice a day for updates!
wink.gif

Back