Getting Published, Part Two...

If I can take a moment to brag...

Today I picked up the December issue of Knives Illustrated...

The magazine opened to page 8 to an article about neck knives...

Shown in the opening photo is a Silver Stag Whitetail Caper...Designed by Dell Guthrie, my partner at Running Dog...

The knife and sheath shown was production designed and assembled by me :D under contract to Silver Stag...Shown in good company with a Bob Dozer neck knife...

We sell a similer design as our Camp/Utility...

Here's our version...

Running Dog Camp Utility

I just had to tell somebody! The fellow at the magazine rack was less than impressed :)

Running Dog

Outstanding RD!!!!! It must really be something to see one of your knives in a big magazine like KI. Maybe someday one of mine will be staring back at me.

After the profile article in TK on my knives came out I went to the local Book store where I buy all my knife and gun rags... I walked up to the section where all the UN-PC stuff lives, and theres this guy looking at a TK magazine..
I picked up the same mag, and he looks over at me and says "Hey you like knives too huh"? I said yeah I like em quite a bit, those are my knives on page (Whatever it was) He was all blown away, even asked me to sign the copy! I was even wearing the same hat as the picture in TK...LOL..
It was real cool, and I was wishing I hadnt made my son sit in the truck.HA!
I would love to hear from some of the MADE men like Ralph, Carson, etc. that haunt this place.. What was it like the FIRST time you saw your knives in a magazine?

Take Care
Trace Rinaldi
www.thrblades.com

That is Really Cool Running Dog..
I know that when I seen My Knife in Blade for the first Time I was jumping up and down for a few days and was kind of puffed up when ever someone mentioned it..But it did go away and I had to come back to reality:D I think it was when the wife threatened to smack me upside the head with a cast iron skillet:eek: if I didn't quit swinging off her ceiling fans:D :D
Seriously,It is a great feeling the first and every other time.I wonder if you ever get used to seeing your name or picture or your knives pictured in the Magazines..
Bruce

I remember when my name was on the cover of Blade, and they misspelled it! :( :D

Congratulations Running Dog. I hope it's the first on many such instances.

Congrats Running Dog,know the feeling,just picked up Knives 2002 and saw one of my knives in there(sheath section).Couldn't stop smiling,and I agree the clerk at the store was equally unimpressed.Oh well, sheeple ,what can you do.Dave:D

Congrats! That is awesome. You guys do make pretty interesting knives. I like the little paw prints :)

I cheat, I get a kick out of seeing my name under the knives I photograph! Picture my 75 year old mother going out to the local book store and buying the knife magazines. She like to show the little old ladies what her son does for a living. Thanks guys, you're making my mother happy.

thats wonderful you must feel real proue. i have been niche marketing my knive's for almost five years all local stuff and high end craft shows. it is time to do a knife show so my first as a exzibidor. the south, cal, knives blade EXPO in feb2002 is going to be it :) and i'll be on the road to getting noticed? i am really looking forward to meeting many of you :cool:

Congrats Running Dog! I know the feeling, Its great to see my knives in a magazine. It sure was a long time coming, about 10 years. The last issue of KI has all 5 of my ABS Journeyman knives. Ya Hoo!!!

Even if we don't get credit in the magazine, I'm very proud of the work Dell and I have done with Running Dog...

It's a great feeling to see your work published...

I had to tell you guys about it at least...:D

Michael
Running Dog

Back