Recommendation? Getting Started - Belt Grinder

Newbie here. Just getting started with my knife making setup. I have most of what I need to get going, but I need a decent quality belt grinder. Does Grizzly make good quality products or should I steer clear of this brand?
I've been looking at this one (below). I like how it has the option for a buffer wheel or drum on the side. I know it's not the best, but maybe a good starter option? Any guidance/recommendations would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Grizzly Industrial G1015 - Knife Grinder, Sander, and Buffer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DD0AL/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_H9TW0CAYSHVGJGJPAR7Y

Many knifemakers have started with a Grizzly. It's a reliable machine at a solid price point. It's biggest limitations though are the lack of speed adjustment and attachments. Personally I used a 2x42 single speed belt grinder for the first 6 years and like the Grizzly, it really forces you to learn how to control grinding pressure precisely in order to mitigate the lack of control from only having one speed. Now that I have an excellent grinder (Brodbeck Ironworks with variable speeed) I simply cannot imagine going back to a single speed grinder. I would highly recommend making some knives with basic hand tools or a small cheap grinder (1x30 or 2x42 etc) until you have saved up enough money to buy a pro grade 2x72 belt grinder, NOT the Grizzly. Buy once cry once!

I'm in that "6 year phase" of using a 2x42 till I can get a 2x72. Good enough for me now and it will be for you too! Do like how Michael said and just save for a 72.

I'm still in the early phase.... waiting for my 2x72 to be delivered.

I started with hand tools, then a 1x30. Which I thought at the time was pretty cool, and I made some good knives.....

I'm not made of money.
the less expensive options (with getting a 2x72) I found were

Grizzly
Coote

Make one .....
from scratch
from welded kit
from weldless kit

Pheer

I was well on my way towards buying a Coote, they looked really good and pretty much what I wanted, but I bought a Pheer.

Back