Gfeller Nyala belt option

Soon I will be pulling the trigger on the Nyala. I am curious if Gfeller would put a clip on the sheath instead of the belt loop.
Are there any other sheath makers you could refer that may make a sheath similar and put a clip onto it?

I just ordered a Sebenza sheath from JRE. They do lots of custom leather work and I did see a few on their site with clips.

Shoot me a pm if you need a link.

I have a couple if heir sheaths and to me they are just ok. They don't seem to have the knife retention that the Gfeller sheaths do.

It would be nice if something like that could be done. I love everything about the Nyala except the belt loop on that sheath. It's very inflexible, bordering on useless. Sorry, but that's my opinion on that loop... :(

What else do you want a loop to do?

There is probably an endless number of things you could do but I think the easiest thing would be to have a kydex sheath made for whatever clip you want. Or if you are really picky I guess you could make one yourself.

The loop is both too narrow and too small for reasonable flexibility in use. What I'd love to see is a design like the snap-loop on some of the OPR sheaths.

It is a sporting sheath made for a sporting knife. I have one and it has threaded on every belt I have tried it with. I am confused as what you want from a sporting knife/sheath combination.

If you want to carry it on your web gear. The world is your oyster in obtaining a custom sheath for your needs.

Personally I found it refreshing that a sporting knife came with a quality traditional type sheath instead of an afterthought scabbard like so many blades do today.

Gfeller Casemakers will customize a sheath to your specifications. Their stock sheath for the Nyala is the best you can get in terms of quality workmanship in leather.

Gfeller Casemakers will customize a sheath to your specifications. Their stock sheath for the Nyala is the best you can get in terms of quality workmanship in leather.

Do you realize you’re replying to a thread from 2011?

Back