1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ghetto Ratweiler sheath

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by grizzle, Jun 10, 2016.

1. grizzle

grizzle

May 8, 2016
    Check it out guys, haha its pretty ugly :barf: but this is my first sheath:p. And yes that is a mixture of chicago screws and eyelets. It may be a franken-sheath but its fits 'ok' and for my intents and purposes it works. :D Just thought I'd share it haha (also note that there are like 4 drainage hole ;) and i used CF boltaron instead of kydex. Lemme know what you think too, any thoughts, comments, suggestions :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  2. steponmytoes

steponmytoes

Sep 5, 2012
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but yes that is ugly :) but seriously great job, I'm sure many would have done much worse. as long as retention is good and it works, I'm sure a few mods will go a long to making it awesome

3. Revolverrodger

Revolverrodger Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Nice first try !

4. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Hey, we all have to start somewhere. You learn from your mistakes or from your first attempts at anything. Like somtoes said, as long as the sheath will hold the Rat in place and not allow her to slip out when you don't want her to? The main thing is that you have a RATWEILER and she wants to be used!

5. RicFlair

RicFlair

Oct 1, 2014
    Looks awesome to me. Very ecoindustrial! Now you can get your Mail Thing on! :D