Ghurka kukri plus

Hi , I have a ghurka kukri plus on the way , I plan to give it a bit of a bash in the Aussie bush when I get it , but I've heard reports of the handle working loose? Btw cheapest u can get one in oz is $ 280aud

I have a CS Gurkha Kukri plus and did some chopping with it. So far nothing lose or rattling. Love the knife very much. Great chopper, cool survival knife and razor sharp.

Yeah I finally got around to picking mine up today along with an srk , a bushman Bowie blade with firesteel, a jungle machete , an Irish black thorn , a trench hawk and a pocket bushman

Yeah I finally got around to picking mine up today along with an srk , a bushman Bowie blade with firesteel, a jungle machete , an Irish black thorn , a trench hawk and a pocket bushman

Thats really gettin' off on the right side of the journey, right off the bat! Lemme know if some "croc" tries to swallow your Trench Hawk!! That'd slow down the ol' digestive process a bit!

Best of Luck.

Nah I'd just go mick dundee on his ass with my Ontario marine raider Bowie haha. In march it's a mate of mines birthday so I'm gonna buy him a trail master and get myself one as well as a master hunter :)

Last edited:
Ive thought about puttin' a Marine Raider Bowie in my collection...How does it perform vs. your CSGK+ in SM3? That Ontario looks like s "bad day goin' somewhere to happen!! LOL :) :)

BTW: Great photos Raven....Looks like that GK+SM3 is more than enough.

I find myself playing with ghurka kukri plus a lot more then the marine raider . The marine raider is built like a tank and is all purpose , how I like my knives ,but is a very boring knife .

I have the Gurkha and the LTC. The Gurkha has been used a bit and the handle hasn't wiggled. The LTC has been abused since the early to mid '90s (almost 20 years now. I'm getting old!) and hasn't moved a bit either. I used to use the spine as a hammer to clear dead mesquite branches from my way. It wasn't very efficient as a hammer, but it took the abuse in stride! If the handle ever loosened, I'd imagine a spot of glue would fix it up. I think you'll love the khuk. Take care.

I cannot stop playing with my gurka kukri plus , but unfortunately I have no idea when I'll actually be able to find the time and place to put it to use

Back