Gifting a CRK...

I recently gifted a TNK Large Inkosi to a family member who is deploying to S Korea. Followed that up tonight by gifting an old pivot Zaan to another family member who is scheduled to start basic training at Fort Sill in Oklahoma in two weeks (he won't be allowed to carry it until AIT Phase V+). What CRK blades have you guys gifted?

I gave my nephew a TNK Large Sebenza Insingo when he started his landscaping business

I've given away 2 larges, one small, and one Hinderer. I also sold a large at a drastically reduced price in a situation where that was more appropriate than just gifting it.

Snake wood mnandi. dad
Small inkosi. military buddy
Small raindrop seb w/ rd Damascus blade. towboat buddy
Small wc seb. Another military buddy
Small insingo pj pre Idaho. Cousin ( he returned it. Now in my possession)

The owner of the raindrop seb told me he had broke the tip off prying with it. I grit my teeth just thinking about it. These gifts are over a ten year period and I'll probably not let any more loose.

Great timing on this topic. I am trying to decide which CRK would make a good present for my son-in-law. Thinking a classic large 21 to get him started.

I've never had the means or the ability to gift a Sebenza although I've gifted many other knives over the years I'd like to chime in as a recipient. I was gifted a large Gabon Ebony inlay 21 by a friend and member here. :) I was also made 2 very nice trades enabling me to get my first, (a plain Jane small 21) Sebenza and also another trade allowing me to get my Birthday Benza.

All have been through the generosity of members here on BF and everyone a cherished knife. Thank you for all the generous people here, your generosity is appreciated.

ETA a gratuitous pic or two. ;)

6NlNpfH.jpg

AZMSIMZ.jpg

Last edited:
Same as volgrad...... only have ever gifted a CRK to myself .....BUT I have given away a ZT 0562 and a spyderco naitive and a ESEE izula. All great knives they have carried them since. So .......

I've never had the means or the ability to gift a Sebenza although I've gifted many other knives over the years I'd like to chime in as a recipient. I was gifted a large Gabon Ebony inlay 21 by a friend and member here. :) I was also made 2 very nice trades enabling me to get my first, (a plain Jane small 21) Sebenza and also another trade allowing me to get my Birthday Benza.

All have been through the generosity of members here on BF and everyone a cherished knife. Thank you for all the generous people here, your generosity is appreciated.

ETA a gratuitous pic or two. ;)

6NlNpfH.jpg

AZMSIMZ.jpg

I had seen these photos before but I had not remembered as to whom they were attributed to. Thank you for reposting because not only I find the background photos gorgeous but I also think that particular inlay setting (Gabon Ebony?) plus CF inlays are my fave which unfortunately I own neither of yet.

I'm just waiting for the right time to gift a 21L for my 1st son who just turn 18 and started tertiary education a couple months back. Most importantly, my son seems to be intersted with knives thus would be a great gift for him.

I don't mean to be a superstitious downer, but I've heard you aren't supposed to gift a knife as it will cut the friendship. However, I did give my brother dollar and sold to him (for a dollar) a Mnandi that was born on the same day as his kid.

Similar to not gifting shoes to an SO lest they walk away (from the relationship)?

I bought this Scotch-Brited StarTac user on the Exchange for my son last Christmas. I've bought a few high-end users here, including my large 21 Micarta and a Shirogorov Hati, as the prices are right for functionally excellent knives that will be work carries anyway. These pics are from the original sales thread as I never got any of my own before I passed the knife on.

OQMkulK.jpg

73vAQSA.jpg

Last edited:
Back