gifts/Rookie

I'm been trying to find a small folder that would work as a gift for my groomsmen. I've been looking at a couple of the Spydercos, such as the Delica II and Calypso Jr., since they are available in stainless steel (which means I can get them engraved). Yesterday I got a chance to handle a Rookie (also in SS) and I liked the feel of that, too.

Here's the question. I've heard plenty of praise for both the Delica and the Calypso Jr., but does anybody have the Rookie? If so, what do you think of it?

(How exasperating...trying to choose a favorite from so many choices.)

Have you looked at the Pegasus?? Its another ss knife. About the size of a Co-Pilot, but way better handle design. I use my engraved one as my church knife.
Blades

My opinion,for what its
worth,would be to go with the
calypso jr.I think it is probably the best general utility folder around.not too big not too small,sharp,tough and well made.you can't go wrong with the calypso.Also I would like to advise you to buy all the high $$ blades you want before you get married.trust me on this one.

Speaking as a Rookie owner, I think that it would make an excellent groomsman's gift. The only suggestion that I'd make is that you purchase the G-10 scales version. Granted, it's not quite as "slick" looking as the steel bodied, but it is MUCH lighter to carry in your pocket on a daily basis. Then there is the ATS-55 steel...It carries an edge at least as long as 34. Long and short, it's a nice knife.

Back