Give-away competition...# two, 2010 forum moose. WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Campbellclanman

Platinum Member
WINNERS ANNOUNCED!, Please see post 144.

Sue has asked me to give a second prize, as it was very close between the 1st and 2nd place.... it will be a surprize, no telling ;), winners please let me know how I can get the knife to you.
Thanks for making this place a very cool one.
And all my thanks goes to Sue my lovely Lady, your are just great!
Duncan

Hey there forum friends.
Well, The last time I did a give-away, I loved the response so much, that I want to have another on very much on the same scheme of things.
This giveaway is the Awesome Forums knife 2010 Moose with Ebony scales.
This is in second hand condition but in great conditon-it does show previous owners sharpening marks on the spear point blade, but to be honest folks...Im sure a bit of 2000 grit would rid of them quite easily.
The walk and Talk of the knife is just great, Ebony scales are....well hey guys they are Ebony!!!...what ya expect??...they are just fantastic!!
There is NO blade wobble at all, this knife is SOLID!!
If you havent had a good look at this knife before..look it up in our search column, AWESOME, ...just check out how the springs are nice and thick- heavy duty! !!
Ok...I have searched and searched, but do you think I can find a photo that I have taken of this knife!!! ...and if you can imagine...going through over 1000 photos is just not that easy.

RULES.
Traditional Forums contributors only...newbies are welcome, but at the time of the draw, you must have a history - be it short-whatever of contributing to our part of the knife world, after all, this is what the whole point of this knife's birth was all about!!

PHOTO COMPETITION PART TWO.
The photo's that Traditional members are posting lately are simply awesome, and I have noticed in my short presence here that the quality has increased quite dramatically.
Your photo MUST be of aTraditional knife and have a connection with nature and the great out-doors.

I will ship overseas of course-as I am in New Zealand, c'mon folks...take just 1 hour and take a walk with your knife and camera, its such a great feeling...FEED US your image :D
Have fun, support our Blade forums, be a paid member!

Edit; not that I have asked Sue yet, but she again will be judge ( I hope ) with no input from me...last one was a big ask for her.... lets make the girl work this time folks... :D
Can I just say thank you to everyone here, anyone who has anything to do with knives knows our part of the world shines because of our Traditional friendliness , so I hope that this is shown in a very small way to say thank you for the big part that knives play in my world.
Thank you my friends, and get out there and have some fun, just do it!

Last edited:
Duncan, way cool of you! Are you limiting the number of entries per person? When will the drawing be?

-Xander

No Xander...just go for gold, No limit, the best photo is simply the best photo!!
The drawing is what the mods usually allow for something like this-otherwise it chokes up the works...lets say half way through March...Ok,March the 10th...my Birthday!!...the thread will close, that gives folks just over 2 weeks...how does that sound?...any input from the mods greatly appreciated.
Thank you Xander...love your W.I.P Thread my friend...awesome, being a Legend doesnt give ya entry Brother...you still need to give us photo's :D :thumbup:

Not an entry Clansman.....But i,ll start....Heres my virginal John LLoyd.......love this knife......FES

paua004.jpg

Consider it an entry Sean, everything that comes in here is and entry ... if it scopes in the rules, as yours does! Folks, I know...that John Lloyd will be a scalpel once Sean ( festerfromenzed ) finishes with it...way cool knife!
Hey yeah...this knife has Walrus Bone scales, and the blade has a lot of flex to it... more of a knife than what it looks I can tell you!!

Cheers Chris...you MUST have a good shot of some of your knives mate?

Last edited:
Duncan, you are the man!!!
Thanks for the opportunity, again. You really do contribute a lot to this place. :thumbup:

Thanks most of all for getting me outside, I will be taking pics like crazy to share on here, hopefully you'll enjoy some new work.

The early morning sun is threatening to peak through, but it's hesitant. I am waiting for good light before I can start shooting, but I'll add some I have.
P1012604.jpg

P1012611.jpg

P1013553-1.jpg

P1014078.jpg

P1013944.jpg

Last edited:
Nice contest and give away! There should be some stellar shots in this thread. Hopefully I'll be able to take a few pics and contribute. Looking forward to the show!

Duncan, please don't count this as an entry. I would prefer someone who doesn't have one win. I just wanted to say thank you for the giveaway and figured I'd add a pic of the 2010 "Moose" and it's box to the thread. Somebody is going to win a very nice knife.

dscf0353.jpg

My photo skills are like those of a pre-schooler next to the grad students in this forum, but I'll swallow my pride and post a few.

This is my cocobolo Northfiled 72 sitting on top of a piece of oak bark that separated from one of the logs on the wood pile. Hasn't been cold enough to have any fires this winter, so the wood just sits there, figured I might as well put it to use for something!

cocobolo.jpg

I had two in my pockets yesterday: John Lloyd rosewood Shadow (the knife I joined the forum to buy!), and Case chestnut bone Peanut.

Last edited:
Great pics, I think they are pretty darn good for a pre-schooler. :thumbup:

A few that I took a while back.
P1013619-1.jpg

P1013350.jpg

P1013441.jpg

P1012680-1.jpg

I got a couple of new pics, but I keep getting distracted, hopefully I'll get some good ones to share.

Post some pics guys, this is gonna be another great thread if we all get clickin' with the camera.

Thanks for the opportunity Duncan. Here's a Nessie I made with a Beaver tail sheath.

Best regards

Robin

6123814759_16100464b3.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I tend to drop this one into most threads asking about what traditional to get for folks dipping their toes in the traditional water:

Untitled by rlibson, on Flickr

Not bad for a camera phone shot.

Hm. This is not an entry, I'm simply wondering if this knife is traditional enough to enter. It's kind of my only option as I don't have my SBJ anymore, haha. It's certainly not tactical, it's made of 01 and the sheath of leather, does it count?

5ZiU5.jpg

Duncan,
Thanks for all that you contribute to this forum. And thanks for the chance to allow me to contribute by enjoying the outdoors and my knives. I have few that I have previously taken and when the weather cooperates, I will enjoy a few Nature sojourns.

Kent in December
6534082719_5bb33c0712_b.jpg

A bed of Lambs ears
6704531941_9d082f8399_b.jpg

Keen Kutter
6395715075_54a978429c_b.jpg

Early Autumn
6345586657_02dda7b850_b.jpg

Thanks for the chance, please consider this an entry. I'll make sure to add a picture as soon as im back on my laptop. Can't seem at add pics via phone very easily

Hi Duncan!

Thank you for the chance of getting this. I´m in ;)

I hope the pics are alright...

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

Kind regards
Andi

Back