Giveaway Fletcher Knives Custom Karniboro Cleaver from USA Made Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take some poser shots of it with a beer, cup of coffee or an edc "dump" then throw it in a drawer to never see the light of day again.....

Yea, like that's going to happen! I can't help but to use my stuff. Aside from the typical big knife tomfoolery, it'll have a permanent spot in the camping gear and I know it'll come in handy in the kitchen every now and then. Thanks for the chance, Scott!

I'm in! If I win, I'll be prepping meat for the smoker, and chopping veggies for roasts.
Thanks for the generous GAW!

I'm in Scott! If I win this thing, I would make it my dedicated kitchen knife. I love to cook and am in the kitchen quite a bit! Thanks for the super generous giveaway!

I love to cook and one of my favorite dishes for cooking that needs a cleaver is making Hungarian Chicken Paprikas. You need to quarter the chicken and a cleaver makes this step so easy, not to mention the that satisfyin' sound you get when that mass of sharpened steel separates the flesh and bone in one chop and instantaneously makes contacts the cutting board below. :)

Here's some of the knives I use when there's meat to be processed, an old 70s Case Butchering set I got when we emptied a house for a friend of my daughter, they were gonna throw it out and I took 'em. I'm not sure what steels they used but they take and keep a keen edge and are great for cutting muscle, flesh and fat.

nQk5K2f.jpg

... and my old unmarked cleaver I found in the barn, I cleaned it up and it's my matter separator, it will delimb anything from trees to... well, you can imagine ;). This thing is a beast and I'd sure love a refined, precision crafted extreme example of the cutlers art

bSfBOGr.jpg

dHJFklI.jpg

Z1ktwQP.jpg

8IIs187.jpg

Thanks for the generous giveaway and your support of Blade Forums. Rest assured your mistake will be put to good use and the irony of the pig won't be lost on the chickens it separates. :)

Guys it was a tough call. We narrowed it down to three and then debated while live. We and everyone else live with us agreed that T. Erdelyi was the winner. Congrats T. Shoot me an email to scott@usamadeblade.com and we will get your EAT ME Cleaver out to you!

Wow, just wow, I had physical therapy for my shoulder surgery yesterday and it always beats me up so I had fallen asleep before the live discussion. I completely forgot about it till just now when I saw it come up on my subscribed threads page. Thanks Scott and everyone else involved. I've been swingin' that beast of mine for a while and had some doubts as to whether I'd be able to continue to use it to separate my chickens, (it's massive) but this looks like it'll be a performance cleaver and will make quartering chickens and racks of ribs a blast. It'll get put to good use here, it has a home and will have one as long as I'm swingin' it and if I know my kids, it'll have a home with them long after. :)

Thanks again guys and sorry to the folks who entered and didn't win.

ETA, next time I make Hungarian Chicken Paprikas I'll take pics using the cleaver and post them along with my grandmothers recipe for traditional Hungarian Paprikas.:) Sorry I can't make enough for everybody but if you're in my neck of the woods the next time I make it you're welcome to stop in for a plateful. :)

Got my Fletcher Knives Karniboro Cleaver wrapped in with Natural micarta over black liners with a CPM154. :) Thanks Scott and Dylan the Cleaver is awesome. I didn't get to use it yet, the kids made dinner tonight and they loved it. :)

BTW the Sebenza I already had, (it was a gift from another forum friend), I used it to open the box ;) .

aZT5ZJ6.jpg

4Qdt0Zm.jpg

They used it to chop up the fruit and veggies for grillin', it worked flawlessly. 154CM was shaving sharp, the weight and balance are great for a variety of hand sizes and gripping styles, it's comfortable enough to choke up on the handle and use it for slicin', dicin' and choppin'. I've found my new kitchen/chef's knife :) when I make the next batch of chicken paprikas I'll take some better pics and post them up with my Nagymama's (Grandmama's) recipe. :)

Dog's hopin' a piece of the grilled pork chop falls off the plate. :)

0oTrKhB.jpg

Thanks again Scott and Dylan. :)

Last edited:
I'll be doin' my own WIP soon, I'll be using it to make Chicken Paprikas :) . The kids have not put it down. They've mad soup, stew homemade pasta sauce and a few other meals with it. It has easily become one of the most used blades in the house.

Thanks again Scott.

I make Hungarian Chicken Paprikas I'll take pics using the cleaver and post them along with my grandmothers recipe for traditional Hungarian Paprikas.:) Sorry I can't make enough for everybody but if you're in my neck of the woods the next time I make it you're welcome to stop in for a plateful. :)

I,need you to send me the recipe. My grandmother made me chicken paprikash for years. With an amazing creamy gravy. I will be asking for,her recipe when i see her next week. She doesnt have alot of time left so im glad this was a reminder of her and her amazing cooking. Im happy for you. Have fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back